Why become a member? ×

I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)

prowla

On 13/01/2021 at 12:29, Hamster said:

Hi all

I've spent the best part of 3 hours thinning this topic out to what could be considered relevant and uncontroversial comments.

To keep this topic readable, please can we just:

• Keep to reported facts and updates about case progression
  • Don't feel that you have to comment on everyone else's post
  • Cut out the banter - yes it's funny but it just bloats out the topic to make it harder to read and harder to find relevant information

Thanks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

He's been found posting in another group called Rockers Reunited looking for bands to rip off and the admin has contacted me (after seeing my post in the Tribute Club about him) to say he's been removed from it. Glad to see the word is spreading about this low life's misdemeanours. 

Edited by ForbiddenWytch
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ForbiddenWytch said:

He's been found posting in another group called Rockers Reunited looking for bands to rip off and the admin has contacted me (after seeing my post in the Tribute Club about him) to say he's been removed from it. Glad to see the word is spreading about this low life's misdemeanours. 

Well done mate. With things starting to move in the gigs industry it was only a matter of time. He's out gigging with his band soon too so I am sure people are more than aware. 

18 minutes ago, walshy said:

Well done mate. With things starting to move in the gigs industry it was only a matter of time. He's out gigging with his band soon too so I am sure people are more than aware. 

Thanks bud. He's playing a couple of venues local to me, I'm thinking of phoning them to forewarn them. The venue owners won't want that sort of publicity for their venues. After the stress and anxiety he's caused for us, it's about time he had a dose of his own medicine. 

A theatre company called "Reveal Media Productions Ltd" has just announced they're working with Mick's band so I've emailed them directly with details. I got given a phone number to contact them on so I just phoned them.

The lady who I spoke to said "we are aware of the situation with Mick but as no harm will come to us, we are happy to carry on working with him" then hung up the phone on me. Wow.

Edited by ForbiddenWytch
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ForbiddenWytch said:

Thanks bud. He's playing a couple of venues local to me, I'm thinking of phoning them to forewarn them. The venue owners won't want that sort of publicity for their venues. After the stress and anxiety he's caused for us, it's about time he had a dose of his own medicine. 

A theatre company called "Reveal Media Productions Ltd" has just announced they're working with Mick's band so I've emailed them directly with details. I got given a phone number to contact them on so I just phoned them.

The lady who I spoke to said "we are aware of the situation with Mick but as no harm will come to us, we are happy to carry on working with him" then hung up the phone on me. Wow.

He's just threatened a lady on my FB friends list for sharing my post about him being a scammer. I've explained to her it's an empty threat that we all had. But it just shows how low he'll stoop.

6 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

If they have a Facebook & Twitter page post those comments, maybe harm will come their way after all.

They'll be deleted if I do it, the lady from Reveal told me she had no interest in it. So if anyone else fancies posting the comments on there, please do so.

3 hours ago, ForbiddenWytch said:

I am not a member but would the MU have a view on a venue that treated musicians so recklessly?

3 hours ago, ForbiddenWytch said:

He's just threatened a lady on my FB friends list for sharing my post about him being a scammer. I've explained to her it's an empty threat that we all had. But it just shows how low he'll stoop.

They'll be deleted if I do it, the lady from Reveal told me she had no interest in it. So if anyone else fancies posting the comments on there, please do so.

Please do let me have the link to the post-I’ll happily share it. I reckon I live approx 10 minutes from Mr Mason - he is more than welcome to come and discuss the situation with me! 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, NJLMusicUK said:

I was recently contacted by Action Fraud to confirm whether I was repaid or not. (I was) they gave no details as to what is going on, but they must be still working on it to some extent.

I guess there may be an angle being put forward that it was all an honest mistake and people have been refunded.

However, the attempts at intimidation and faked proof failed deliveries gives the lie to that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, prowla said:

I guess there may be an angle being put forward that it was all an honest mistake and people have been refunded.

However, the attempts at intimidation and faked proof failed deliveries gives the lie to that.

You would think the police would be interested in the attempted intimidation part as well really.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

You would think the police would be interested in the attempted intimidation part as well really.

I’ve still got the screenshots of him messaging me at night, but I found it a bit handbags. 
One other of his victims told me that he’d been assaulted in his house in front of his family; my local police gave me a number to call if he did turn up at my house after I specifically told him not to; it’s always good to have an option. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • prowla changed the title to I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)