Why become a member? ×

I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)

prowla

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello

mick mason attempted to rip me off last year too.  He’s all very efficient leading up to getting the money. However, afterwards the excuses start coming. I then discovered his appearance in court & his suspended sentence. Which I used to get my money back. I also informed trading standards in Leicester that mick mason was up to his usual tricks. They were very interested to learn that.

He made all the noises that’s been mentioned elsewhere ie how good he is, he’s booked up  blah blah blah.

He’s a fantasist 

I’ve got a mobile number for him if anyone wants it?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NJLMusicUK said:

I've just received an email from the Economic Crime Unit at Leicestershire Police asking if I'd be willing to support the investigation on MM.

Things are moving!

Been a while since I visited this thread as I thought it was closed.

But I have also received an email from Leicestershire Police asking if i'm willing to take part in an ongoing investigation.

• Like 6

To all those affected: stick with it. As others have said these things unfortunately take time. I'm currently involved in a fraud investigation that has been going on for almost 7 months since I first contacted Action Fraud. The DC who has been dealing with it is just finishing up gathering evidence, and then it will be up to the CPS to decide if the case is strong enough to be worth going to court. In this case the money involved is considerably more than the cost of a handful of imaginary Sansamps.

However it is important to not give up. Fraudsters tend to get away with it because the victims give up because it all becomes too much bother, especially if the monies involved are relatively small. Don't let this case go the same way. £100 may not be a lot to you, but it might be to others affected, and from what I have read here, there are a lot of people affected so it all adds up. For those who have contact from the Police, reply promptly and let them know all the details. If you haven't heard anything more after two or three weeks, send a brief and polite follow-up email, just to let the Police know you are still interested in pursuing this. Keep all your correspondence with the fraudster, especially any where they make threats against you - the Police really don't like that. 

Good luck to all those affected.

• Like 10