Why become a member? ×

I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)

prowla

53 minutes ago, fury said:

Received the money by bank transfer. After speaking to one of my police officer friends, you're right, it is still fraud so I'll be reporting him to the relevant parties!

Mick seems to insist that people in this thread are fake profiles or simply liars, and that he's made a report with the police. I've asked him for the crime reference number to see if they'd like to hear my take on the story, but I think I'm more likely to see a SansAmp pedal on my doorstep tomorrow morning.

Sorry to hear about those still waiting on their money, with any luck this guy will be dealt with soon enough!

He is a convicted fraudster, counterfeiter, and liar. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, prowla said:

He is a convicted fraudster, counterfeiter, and liar. 

Probably lacking a few brain cells too, committing further fraud (under his own name!) when he's already on a suspended sentence.

He's currently telling me about all the shows he's booked, and how he 'employs some incredibly clever people' who got the IP addresses of users on this forum. I recently finished watching The Crown so listening to his stories and watching him freely offer up information about himself is keeping me entertained.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

He's got the home address of everyone he's not posted a Sansamp to, but on the other hand we know EVERYTHING about him including his home address, email addresses, photos of him, websites and stuff I've forgotten plus his mobile number if anyone wants to call him and remind him?

The number on the Funktion Junction website is no longer active, but I have a second number for him that is still linked to his email address if anyone wants to 'enquire about a booking'.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

He's fully booked until 2022 though isn't he? Lol

Depends on the prison sentence I suppose! I was thinking of drafting some warning letters to forward to anyone who thinks they'll be working with him, saying he might not be available and even if he is, they might not get paid.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, skej21 said:

Unless he’s intending to add stalking and/or harassment to the list, they’re pretty useless 🤣

In which case, the people who have screendumps of the web pages and chat of him stalking and harassing them would become pertinent...

A quick update - I’d asked politely to be refunded, which appears to have fallen on deaf ears. I called my bank who have raised a complaint with the guilty party. In the meantime, the bank have refunded me £110 whilst they look into it all. I’ve sent them the details of this thread as well, which the bank were happy to be told about. 

PayPal, as you expect, were not of great use as I authorised the payment, but my bank were sympathetic. May be an avenue worth taking if anyone hasn’t already. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, SamPlaysBass said:

A quick update - I’d asked politely to be refunded, which appears to have fallen on deaf ears. I called my bank who have raised a complaint with the guilty party. In the meantime, the bank have refunded me £110 whilst they look into it all. I’ve sent them the details of this thread as well, which the bank were happy to be told about. 

PayPal, as you expect, were not of great use as I authorised the payment, but my bank were sympathetic. May be an avenue worth taking if anyone hasn’t already. 

One of the other folks here ended up getting a repayment from the scammer and via their bank's fraud process!

(Being honest, he returned one of them.)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SamPlaysBass said:

I mentioned earlier in this thread, I had occasion to turn to my bank for help a few years ago. I bought an item through eBay as a guest, the item didn’t arrive. PayPal were useless, whereas my bank were fantastic.

• Like 2

OK chaps, last chance - please keep this tread updated with details pertaining to your own individual case, crime numbers etc, but please keep any banter, ideas for retribution etc off the page otherwise I'll lock this down. Since my last message it's slipped that way again, which I understand, but we don't want to give Mick ANYTHING he can use against us, not that I have any confidence in him pursuing us, but still. 

Thanks

ped

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, ped said:

OK chaps, last chance - please keep this tread updated with details pertaining to your own individual case, crime numbers etc, but please keep any banter, ideas for retribution etc off the page otherwise I'll lock this down. Since my last message it's slipped that way again, which I understand, but we don't want to give Mick ANYTHING he can use against us, not that I have any confidence in him pursuing us, but still. 

Thanks

ped

my post appears to have been removed. I had just wanted to make it clear that not all of us have received the money we have been promised. he still owes musicians who were employed in good faith. Also wanted to make it clear that some artists and theatre shows he was associated with in the past, he is now no longer involved with  and not to tarnish everyone with the same brush and potentially damage the reputation of those shows. The sooner he is back behind bars, honest musicians can return to playing on these shows again. I will post details on here if i get paid and also updates regarding legal action which many of us are taking to recover our money as this could prove useful to the members of the group

Edited by Bassmanjack
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Bassmanjack said:

my post appears to have been removed. I had just wanted to make it clear that not all of us have received the money we have been promised. he still owes musicians who were employed in good faith. Also wanted to make it clear that some artists and theatre shows he was associated with in the past, he is now no longer involved with  and not to tarnish everyone with the same brush and potentially damage the reputation of those shows. The sooner he is back behind bars, honest musicians can return to playing on these shows again. I will post details on here if i get paid and also updates regarding legal action which many of us are taking to recover our money as this could prove useful to the members of the group

Absolutely!
Though the thread was initially raised regarding a musical equipment sales scam, it turns out that these are not the only the actual/alleged issues at hand. 

IMHO, the more who contribute to this with actual first-hand experiences  and police/legal cases, the better. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure bumping the tread is really that useful - it’s highly unlikely that someone would see this before entering dealings with Mason, more likely they’ll find it after they search for him. Hopefully there will be some updates from the police/action fraud soon? Anyone heard anything?

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2021 at 07:27, ped said:

I’m not sure bumping the tread is really that useful - it’s highly unlikely that someone would see this before entering dealings with Mason, more likely they’ll find it after they search for him. Hopefully there will be some updates from the police/action fraud soon? Anyone heard anything?

The thing is.  If he offers a gig to others then they are likely to look up the band or Mick or Michael Mason to see what the band are like.  At the moment if you type in: Mick Mason Bass: This is the first item on Google,.  Sadly the bands that he manage don't rankwith this thread on Google searches unless it has his name in it, however hopefully this will raise awareness to anyone who might fall foul of playing for him.

I am also one of the musicians who drove for 4 hours, did the gig, stayed in a hotel (all at my own expenses) and received nothing but abuse from Mick.  He was fine on the evening, seemed a lovely guy, but as soon as he received the invoice, things changed.

Hopefully he will serve a prison sentence because of this thread, it has certainly cheered me up.

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...
  • prowla changed the title to I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)