Why become a member? ×

I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)

prowla

3 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't hold your breath!  

He has used that line with every single person he has scammed so far.

No breath being held, but crossing my fingers. I'll definitely be following it up with Action Fraud. I also happen to have a mutual friend with Mick on Facebook, who I've messaged to see if he can get me any more details on this guy.

• Like 2

If you want his details (name. home address, phone number etc) they are all readily available on this thread and various other FB groups.  It also takes about 5 minutes to find out where his next gigs etc might be (covid dependent).

All of this info is in the public domain, no secrets being disclosed.

48 minutes ago, fury said:

No breath being held, but crossing my fingers. I'll definitely be following it up with Action Fraud. I also happen to have a mutual friend with Mick on Facebook, who I've messaged to see if he can get me any more details on this guy.

Hope you are successful in getting it refunded.

Do share the Action Fraud case number when you get it; correlating them all may well help.

You can also contact Leicester Police on the link on the previous page.

Someone also observed that one of his bands' FB page is back up now...

14 minutes ago, ForbiddenWytch said:

I'll say it again as it seems to have been deleted by the powers that be. There is no use reporting Mick to Gumtree as they won't do anything about it. I've been in contact with them before over a fraudulent seller on there who I had a police case for and they don't care. They'll tell you "they'll look in to it" and totally palm it off. 

Mods, instead of removing my post that's actually helpful, why don't you remove all the bulk posts of "reported" instead? 

Maybe cut the mods some slack?

• Like 3

On 17/01/2021 at 12:31, prowla said:

Hope you are successful in getting it refunded.

Do share the Action Fraud case number when you get it; correlating them all may well help.

You can also contact Leicester Police on the link on the previous page.

Someone also observed that one of his bands' FB page is back up now...

He sent my money back this morning! I told him that l'd let you guys know that he's now giving out refunds, but I'll still be reporting him for attempted fraud.

Best of luck to anyone else dealing with Mick Mason - feel free to get in touch with me if you want more contact info for him!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, fury said:

He sent my money back this morning! I told him that l'd let you guys know that he's now giving out refunds, but I'll still be reporting him for attempted fraud.

Best of luck to anyone else dealing with Mick Mason - feel free to get in touch with me if you want more contact info for him!

How did he do the refund?

It has been pointed out that it’s still fraud, even after it’s been refunded; I think the line of demarcation is when money has changed hands. 

Edited by prowla
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, fury said:

As far as I'm aware it's not 'attempted' fraud, it is fraud. 

He set up a bogus advert for a pedal he doesn't have (even if he did have one he can't sell it to everyone) purely to trick people into sending him money. You fell for this trick and sent him money and recieved no goods in return, and were never going to. He defrauded you of your money. Only your actions have made him return it. He still defrauded you. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fury said:

Wow he must have got some cash over the weekend. There are still a load of us musicians who have worked for him during 2020 who are still waiting to be paid. He seems to pick and choose who he pays, I guess it depends who shouts loudest. I've been waiting since September :(

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bassmanjack said:

Wow he must have got some cash over the weekend. There are still a load of us musicians who have worked for him during 2020 who are still waiting to be paid. He seems to pick and choose who he pays, I guess it depends who shouts loudest. I've been waiting since September :(

I feel for you.

I think he's compartmentalised the fraudulent selling from the ripping off fellow musicians fees.

2 hours ago, prowla said:

How did he do the refund?

It has been pointed out that it’s still fraud, even after it’s been refunded; I think the line of demarcation is when money has changed hands. 

Received the money by bank transfer. After speaking to one of my police officer friends, you're right, it is still fraud so I'll be reporting him to the relevant parties!

Mick seems to insist that people in this thread are fake profiles or simply liars, and that he's made a report with the police. I've asked him for the crime reference number to see if they'd like to hear my take on the story, but I think I'm more likely to see a SansAmp pedal on my doorstep tomorrow morning.

Sorry to hear about those still waiting on their money, with any luck this guy will be dealt with soon enough!

1 minute ago, fury said:

Received the money by bank transfer. After speaking to one of my police officer friends, you're right, it is still fraud so I'll be reporting him to the relevant parties!

Mick seems to insist that people in this thread are fake profiles or simply liars, and that he's made a report with the police. I've asked him for the crime reference number to see if they'd like to hear my take on the story, but I think I'm more likely to see a SansAmp pedal on my doorstep tomorrow morning.

Sorry to hear about those still waiting on their money, with any luck this guy will be dealt with soon enough!

Every person here, with the exception of a few new comers that came to the party because of Mick and his scamming ways, is a legitimate person with mostly years of posts and activities on the site. 

Mick has proven himself on many many occasions to say absolutely anything and everything to make himself seem legitimate, he is not. The history of documented illegal action undertaken by Mick is quite staggering.

The best thing you can do is raise a police report, raise it with Action Fraud and believe nothing Mick tells you.

• Like 8

• prowla changed the title to I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)