Why become a member? ×

I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)

prowla

28 minutes ago, walshy said:

Yeah I was gonna say, this place is easy to find out who we are and how we have treated others in transactions over the years. I reckon most on here are genuine. I’ve spent and received thousands on here I reckon over the years and never ever had an issue.

Same here, been on the site a long time and only good buy/sell experiences. I once recieved a cab sold not as advertised, but the buyer took it back and refunded. That's the worst I have had. So not complaints here! 

Good ol' BC, long may it rein as the best bass forum EVER!

P.S ......I had my beady eye on your OW 69P the other day too @walshy 😁.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dangreen326 said:

Update: Still not received my refund and the police are now involved! however, I have noticed that he is still listing gear on for sale sites. Do not buy from him, he is a fraudster. You may never see the goods and your unlikely to get a refund. 

Report him to the Moderators on those sites if you can.....hopefully they'll block him

9 hours ago, Bean_Lizard said:

Hi, just wanted to chime in and say I've been scammed by him as well! Same old SansAmp story. I've just sent him a message saying I'll report him to the police and ActionFraud so thanks for all the info everyone.

Welcome!

Where did you buy via, and when?

Don't wait to report to Action Fraud and other channels - get that moving asap, as these things take time.

I am posting this PDF here for anyone's reference/entertainment, my entire Messenger conversation with Mr Mason regarding Sans-gate.

A few things to note:

When I mentioned that he had reposted the ad is where I began to get suspicious. 

Some of you will note the same tracking proof screenshot that you may have received and the same obvious lies and excuses.

Some of you may also think I was too polite. When, I began to be suspicious of his intentions and discovered this thread through the FB conversation; I opted for a polite, ignorant, persistent and non-confrontational approach. I hoped this would make it more likely to get my money back. Seems to have worked eventually.

You may also notice I called him Mike twice, and Mark at another point. Maybe that's why he kept my money 🤣

You may also enjoy the moment when he agrees it is "unacceptable". 

Finally you surely will enjoy my genuinely accidental and ironic typo at the end of my penultimate message. 

ENJOY

Mick Mason Chat.pdf

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Bean_Lizard said:

Hi, just wanted to chime in and say I've been scammed by him as well! Same old SansAmp story. I've just sent him a message saying I'll report him to the police and ActionFraud so thanks for all the info everyone.

Just report him to action fraud mate, we all have. The more people reporting him the better. 

14 minutes ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

He goes on about how big his business is yet no one can find him or the business, I'd imagine that includes the tax man?

I'm on to the tax man, have no fear!! They have been alerted to his business/band names, home address etc. Being ex HMRC, I know how these things work. He's been very silly indeed. 🙂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

I'm on to the tax man, have no fear!! They have been alerted to his business/band names, home address etc. Being ex HMRC, I know how these things work. He's been very silly indeed. 🙂

All these complex algorithms, programmes and AI and it’s a good old fashioned tip-off that’ll bring justice!

57 minutes ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

Screenshot_20210113-080524.thumb.png.c36e18e99ee5f5eb7f0cfda0527dc6b4.png

I like how he's even cropped his own face off, first time I've ever seen that on a band's promo site, almost as if he's usually up to monkey business.

Ah I see... pick player. Answers alot of questions. **runs for cover**

• Haha 9

On 20/12/2020 at 13:44, LukeFRC said:

Out of interest - how certain are ppl that the fraudster in Leicester newspaper and the Facebook guy are the same person? 
it just struck me that if I was going to defraud people then posing using a convicted fraudster as my disguise wouldn’t be the most stupid way to do it. 

100%

• prowla changed the title to I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)