Why become a member? ×

I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)

prowla

49 minutes ago, cetera said:

It's great that he's refunding people, but don't let that be an end to it. He's ONLY refunding people because he's been caught and the sh*tshow is being shared all across social media. He wouldn't have done so otherwise. Don't let this situation go. Contact the Fraud people, push the Police on it and make sure he NEVER does this again....

Agreed. Do we know the names of all of his companies? I want to put the word out to my network to be wary.

Also, this was his final message to me after I called him out.

I said this on FB and will say it here: Thank you to you all for your help and support, I feel it really counted in getting my money back. You bunch of legends. 

IMG_0337.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, binky_bass said:

All of his answers seems to be 'yeah, but I'm actually this really famous and amazing person and everything I touch turns to gold' despite the truth very much more likely being that of a man riddled with debt trying desperately to not drown in mounting financial issues with a very real prospect of serving prison time. He is deflecting in every direction to try and make people think he is actually so powerful that he couldn't care less about the real threat of his overdue comeuppance.

Look at it this way, it's enough to get someone elected US president these days.

• Haha 9

3 hours ago, 3below said:

"...Business is actually up and we've just finished booking 2022 yesterday".  I keep wondering about which venues can confidently predict their survival into 2022 with any confidence and thus take bookings.  With the (implied) size of his business it would hardly seem worthwhile bothering with the Sansamp club he runs.  Then again BS is quite common.

@NJLMusicUK is right, we should know the identity of these businesses. 

It doesn’t quite add up that the entertainment tycoon is grubbing around ripping people off for £100 pedals on FB Marketplace. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

I couldn't find him on Companies House and Funktion Junction Entertainment isn't a company. I am keen to track him down and see to what extent he can be banned from being a company director (if he is one).

I think Funktion Junction is his band if it is still active

https://www.funktionjunction.com/

17 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

I couldn't find him on Companies House and Funktion Junction Entertainment isn't a company. I am keen to track him down and see to what extent he can be banned from being a company director (if he is one).

I hear he owns'/runs a Robbie Tribute and a Carpenters Tribute, among others. But without a production company name its difficult to track.

14 hours ago, prowla said:

It doesn’t quite add up that the entertainment tycoon is grubbing around ripping people off for £100 pedals on FB Marketplace. 

EXACTLY!

I discussed with my local Police when he said he was coming to my house; they said I'm not far from the station and just call 999 if he turns up.

They weren't so interested in taking any action regarding the fraud itself, as I'd already raised the case with Action Fraud and gave them the reference.

It has been raised with Leicester police and some have contacted the local Trading Standards.

There are also cases raised with the Musicians Union, more targeting the question of musicians' unpaid fees than the sales fraud.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I now have a collection of 6 Action Fraud Reference numbers and 2 police report numbers from numerous people.

I'm happy to collate an open document with this information in to share with others and to add to as things develop and if other people get ripped off. Names will only be included if I am given permission.

Quote me and send me your reference numbers.

I am still trying to find details on his businesses. Seems difficult..... not suspicious at all

• Like 4

4 hours ago, NJLMusicUK said:

I am still trying to find details on his businesses. Seems difficult..... not suspicious at all

Tried searching on Companies House using his address but there's no company directors at that address.

12 minutes ago, tauzero said:

Tried searching on Companies House using his address but there's no company directors at that address.

Companies House returns can be up to a year out of date, even if updated.

Lots of small 'businesses' aren't companies.

You could try searching the register of Limited Liability Partnerships, for example.

2 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Companies House returns can be up to a year out of date, even if updated.

Lots of small 'businesses' aren't companies.

You could try searching the register of Limited Liability Partnerships, for example.

I thought anyone but sole traders had to register?

As a side-effect of this, I’ve sworn that I won’t buy remotely and pay by bank transfer or PayPal Friends & Family; I’ve just had a purchase rejected on this site because I said I’d pay PayPal Goods and cover the cost. 

14 minutes ago, prowla said:

As a side-effect of this, I’ve sworn that I won’t buy remotely and pay by bank transfer or PayPal Friends & Family; I’ve just had a purchase rejected on this site because I said I’d pay PayPal Goods and cover the cost. 

But if you’re covering the cost then it’s the same outcome for the seller and covers your derrière too

2 minutes ago, walshy said:

But if you’re covering the cost then it’s the same outcome for the seller and covers your derrière too

... and it becomes the Seller's turn to be wary. If the goods are sold, then there's a claim made by the Buyer, the Seller looses out almost every time. It's a bit 'Catch 22', these days. :(

• Like 3

Just now, Dad3353 said:

... and it becomes the Seller's turn to be wary. If the goods are sold, then there's a claim made by the Buyer, the Seller looses out almost every time. It's a bit 'Catch 22', these days. :(

Ah really. Man it’s pretty shitty either way then. I’ve just sold a bass worth a fair few quid on here, paid by bank transfer and I’m arranging my courier (man with his van)  to deliver the bass direct. I guess it’s down to trust on some things too.

• Like 5