Why become a member? ×

I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)

prowla

3 hours ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

I guess he wouldn't actually turn up if anyone took him up on the offer of refunding the cash in person, it's probably already happened. 

I work with some unsavoury types occasionally, they'd actually gladly lose £100 just to be able to get the opportunity to have someone like this turn up at their house, they've all been in prison for fighting numerous times and will be again, it's possible their paths may meet one day anyway!

This was *exactly* why my dad warned me about shooting my mouth off or getting angry driving. You never know who you’re going to meet and what they’re capable of. 

I think what’s great about this thread is that as a community we can all come together, share information and stop more people losing out. 

The world will dispense justice in the end.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Burns-bass said:

This was *exactly* why my dad warned me about shooting my mouth off or getting angry driving. You never know who you’re going to meet and what they’re capable of. 

I think what’s great about this thread is that as a community we can all come together, share information and stop more people losing out. 

The world will dispense justice in the end.

Yes, we have to deal with this legally and have faith in the system; the fact that several people are registering cases with Action Fraud and other police departments is the correct approach. 

• Like 3

Hello all good people of this community.

I've registered here after being a lurker for some time because I want to give my recognition for lack of better a word (applaud/applause might be one but I'm not used to that) the good people who have been subjected to this fraudster.

The way this has been handled by every member and the owners and mods has in my view admirable. I want to commend you all for it. Well done.

feck. I come across as a dullard of the worst sort. not having that. I'ill be a very exciting lurker obtaining more valuable info on all things bass. I'll be lurking mostly.)

I hope this sorts out well for anyone who has been subjected to fraud by Mick Mason. I'd happily chip in for legal fees to help proceedings).

What I really wanted to say is:

You are clearly a bunch of good people here,

Edited by HornetPinata
to much brew

1 hour ago, Cato said:

Yeah, I wondered if he was deliberately libelling himself under a fake profile in order to try and give himself some sort of legal grounds to get the thread removed.

Seems like his M.O.

However, if he did that, it would harm his case if his were the only such comments left!

9 hours ago, walshy said:

A million percent this! Any Shouting and name calling/threats is kinda what he wants. It could help him look like a victim in all of this. We need to stay together, strong and calm and go about it the right way. Strength in numbers! Let’s make the Admins job a bit easier and stick to the facts  in a calm manner. They are doing an excellent job so far. Last thing we need is this being locked and the inability to talk about it and warn others.

This is Sparta, erm I mean Basschat ! 

Of course, cutting & pasting screenshots of his abuse here helps show him for what he is.

And, were such a need arise, the whole thread would be evidence, which would undermine any such "poor little me" strategy.

I've tried to stay above any name-calling/abuse/etc., despite the attempted provocation, as it serves no purpose; sticking to the moral high-ground is the correct approach.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Jamie Snell said:

Has anyone been given an NFRC number by Action Fraud? In order to ensure my information is linked to the ongoing case(s) I need an existing reference number, thanks.

Whilst I've no idea how this sort of thing works, a thought relating to that had crossed my mind. 

All these separate reports to Action Fraud need to be linked to the case. I'd worried that they might all get treated as very small individual cases and somehow slip through the net. Hopefully they'll all be linked as this is clearly bigger than individual cases would suggest. 

1 minute ago, Maude said:

Whilst I've no idea how this sort of thing works, a thought relating to that had crossed my mind. 

All these separate reports to Action Fraud need to be linked to the case. I'd worried that they might all get treated as very small individual cases and somehow slip through the net. Hopefully they'll all be linked as this is clearly bigger than individual cases would suggest. 

I think they would collate them; they are forwarded to the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau and I'm hoping the "Intelligence" bit implies that.

Pinning posts is the best way to make sure nobody sees the thread. I only like pinning things like rules so they can be referred to easily. I’d also rather not pin something about a scammer because at first glance it could look like he has something to do with the site and I don’t particularly want to see his name every time I open the forum. No, much better to just keep the thread normal 👍🏼

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jamiexsilver said:

Would you believe it, my refund got cancelled this morning, he says PayPal did it and sent another refund?? 

Time for action fraud.

How does a PayPal refund even fail, out of interest? Lack of funds in the account? I always thought PayPal protected the buyer, or have these been gift payments made to him?

• Like 1

Paypal payments can through in minutes, though they do say allow a couple of hours for it to clear in your bank account.

Let him know that if the payment doesn't go through in this time period you'll be taking legal action. Quote this forum...he knows that we're on to him...he might take you a bit more seriously.

Ah okay. The famous e-cheque...

Apologies for stating the obvious but let it serve as reminder to all, please don’t use PayPal Gift or BACs unless you know and wholly trust the person you’re dealing with.  If they insist on it, run a mile. Offer to pay the 4% PayPal fee to cover yourself, it’s worth it and the seller has no justifiable reason to say no to that, unless they don’t want you to have that protection.

• Like 2

• prowla changed the title to I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)
  • Hamster locked this topic
  • Hamster unlocked this topic