Why become a member? ×

I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)

prowla

6 minutes ago, Jamiexsilver said:

Guess what guys, I too bought a sansamp pedal off Mick. 

His mate is stuck in the sorting office so has not had chance to send it. 

He’s sent a refund through PayPal that just says pending but I get the impression I’m not going to see that.

Merry Christmas.

Welcome to the club!

The following link is to report a rogue trader to Leicester trading standards. I would say the level of t5rading suggests a business. In any event, it gets awareness of him to one of the right authorities. This is to report a scammer. Victims of his may want to look at this.

https://ssl.datamotion.com/form.aspx?co=3438&frm=general&to=flare.fromforms

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Jamiexsilver said:

Guess what guys, I too bought a sansamp pedal off Mick. 

His mate is stuck in the sorting office so has not had chance to send it. 

He’s sent a refund through PayPal that just says pending but I get the impression I’m not going to see that.

Merry Christmas.

Sorry to hear! 

He also tried this approach with me, if you check the details you will see it is an "eCheque"....basically it will be pending for about a week and then will cancel and then if you mention it he will say "let me check with PayPal".

Just another delay tactic, don't fool for it

Edited by DIYorDie
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, the hand of john curley said:

Does he play in that Queen Tribute band? 

It looks like it, and a few other reasonably high profile tribute acts playing decent sized venues. 

Hopefully he'll get the boot from them as there's probably quite a few honest bass players that like those gigs. 

Unfortunately I get the impression that he actually runs these bands. 

8 minutes ago, Maude said:

It looks like it, and a few other reasonably high profile tribute acts playing decent sized venues. 

Hopefully he'll get the boot from them as there's probably quite a few honest bass players that like those gigs. 

Unfortunately I get the impression that he actually runs these bands. 

I’ll put a link about it on the local FB page and include the band name. He should be ashamed, but I very much doubt he is. 

I bought a sansamp off Mick on Facebook 
Had the same stories about him being in hospital and Royal Mail accidentally delivering the sansamp back to him .

After two bounced refunds (one an echeque) I ended up reporting him to action fraud.

His last message before he stopped replying stated I was ridiculous and he would be happy to speak to the police. Hopefully he will get a chance to do that soon

• Like 4

Just now, ForbiddenWytch said:

I think it’s safe to say he’s shi77ing himself at the moment. 25 pages of evidence brought against him. I’ll be phoning Leicestershire Police and giving them the details to add to the crime ref number I had opened when he scammed me. 

I hope you’re reading this Mick, happy Christmas,m.

I spoke to them last night. They are awaiting contact from Action Fraud before they continue. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, walshy said:

Ok, so he has just messaged me to say he’s with the Police but they want to talk to me? I’ve happily given my mobile number to him. 

He asked me for my contact number the other day when I was trying to get my money back (I didn't give him it as I don't trust him in the slightest).........be careful mate I wouldn't be surprised if he is using it for something else 

• Like 2

I have received an email asking for the thread to be taken down on grounds of it inciting hate (email from Mick obviously). It would be much obliged if everyone would check their posts and change any remotely offensive language to something like ‘silly Billy’ or ‘naughty man’ ASAP - I’ll try and do some later if I get a chance. 

Cheers

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ped said:

I have received an email asking for the thread to be taken down on grounds of it inciting hate (email from Mick obviously). It would be much obliged if everyone would check their posts and change any remotely offensive language to something like ‘silly Billy’ or ‘naughty man’ ASAP - I’ll try and do some later if I get a chance. 

Cheers

For the record, I don't hate him.

And I only want to see justice according to the laws of the land for past, present and future victims.

Edited by prowla
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ForbiddenWytch said:

Nail on the head. Royal Mail confirmed to me that that particular tracking number I'd been given was for a parcel he was receiving. My name and address had never been on it. Caught him out when I used their post code checker so I got straight on the phone. Recorded the call, showed him the video recoding and he said "Yeah, I had it re-routed so it wouldn't go to you" blah blah blah. Lies and more lies. He's thick as pig slew.

That's really good to know, because he was using that "proof of" tracking as the basis for saying I had slandered (sic) him.

(Subsequently changed from slander to liable (sic).)

Edited by prowla

• prowla changed the title to I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)
  • Hamster locked this topic
  • Hamster unlocked this topic