Why become a member? ×

I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)

prowla

5 hours ago, ForbiddenWytch said:

I’ve been scammed by Mick Mason recently. Took 3 weeks to get my money back after a barrage of insults and threats from him. Throughout this, I only ever called him a liar, scammer and nut job after the threats, these are more details of the entire episode.

-he told me his daughter posted it 2nd class then gave me a 48hour tracking number for a parcel he was receiving.

-When i raised the subject of his holiday home scam, he told me he did it to cover for a friend with cancer.
-when I provided proof of a recorded phone call with Royal Mail where I’d had it confirmed that the tracking number I’d be given was never scheduled to come to my address, he told me he’d had the parcel re-routed to him as he was scared I would “damage the pedal and try to claim refund”. Again, Royal Mail confirmed he never had it rerouted.

-claimed “Andy Sneap from Judas Priest and Nathan from Inglorious would back him up for not being a liar”

-told me he was starting a slander case against me for calling him a liar, gave me fake screen shots of texts from his solicitor claiming he was “going to clean me out”

-told me he’d give me £50 extra back if I came to his door to collect my money instead. You know which tone that was said in

-after lying to Pablo Rodriguez about when he would refund me, he told me I’d get my money “when he was ready”.

-got called all the names under the sun and he demanded an apology from me for calling him a liar

-threatened to turn up at my door for a “chat” and told me that “the music industry is a small world and I look forward to bumping in to you so we can have a little chat about what you’ve said about me”... lovely.

I believe Pablo Rodriguez is on this forum and it was thanks to him that I eventually got my money back after I raised the subject with him and Mick was then banned from a lot of Facebook groups thanks to the efforts of a Pablo. 

I’ve kept a full screen recording of the entire Facebook conversation between him & myself so if anyone wants it for proof, they’re welcome to it.

There’s an open crime reference number with Leicestershire police that I opened about him. When I mentioned his name I got “oh yeah him” from the officer.

i haven’t read all 17 pages of replies on this thread so I do apologise if this has already been mentioned but again, Pablo deserves a lot of credit.

Incidentally, your tracking number wasn't PN518894078GB, was it?

20 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Serious question - anyone who’s been scammed contacted the journalist see if there’s another story about a load of bass players being ripped off now ...

• Like 4

Hi all, I have recently had dealings with Mick Mason and, whilst I eventually got a refund, I was convinced it was a scam, particularly as I found details of his previous fraud case online!

i am happy to share my story, including screen shots of the messages, and if anyone is going to the Police I am happy to assist.

Regards.

Jamie Snell

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Jamie Snell said:

Hi all, I have recently had dealings with Mick Mason and, whilst I eventually got a refund, I was convinced it was a scam, particularly as I found details of his previous fraud case online!

i am happy to share my story, including screen shots of the messages, and if anyone is going to the Police I am happy to assist.

Regards.

Jamie Snell

Welcome mate. As I said on FB this place is great, this topic is .1% of what happens! Ill be in touch should I need anything man

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Anybody mentioned his website? (shown on his LinkedIn profile): https://www.funktionjunction.com/

He's played all over the world, has he? Well, thanks in part to the prominence of this thread (and the inflammatory behaviour by Mason that seems to have led to it), he is much more likely to be barred from entry into the United States than he was even two weeks ago if he is indeed the individual identified in the Leicester Mercury article. Convicted fraudsters and their ilk are inadmissible (we have plenty of our own), and US authorities welcome information about anyone planning to enter improperly. Worthless threats of defamation action are even more worthless if the supposed defamation has legitimate law enforcement value.

Happy Christmas Mick. Happy Christmas everyone.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I very nearly bought a Squire Dimension bass off him. He was asking silly money but got it down to a reasonable price. He send he’d send it but I said that I have a good mate in Leicester who’d check it over for me, and if good, hand over the cash. 

This is when his messages started getting shorter, and more cagey. He then came back with that his family have all tested positive for Covid (see attached image) and that it best I stay clear. Too bloody right. Looks like I had a lucky escape. How is he still getting away with this? Utter scum like this should be locked up. Unreal.......

E4244265-2A34-4AAC-B47F-149DBBB6EE62.png

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Pseudonym said:

He's played all over the world, has he? Well, thanks in part to the prominence of this thread (and the inflammatory behaviour by Mason that seems to have led to it), he is much more likely to be barred from entry into the United States than he was even two weeks ago if he is indeed the individual identified in the Leicester Mercury article. Convicted fraudsters and their ilk are inadmissible (we have plenty of our own), and US authorities welcome information about anyone planning to enter improperly. Worthless threats of defamation action are even more worthless if the supposed defamation has legitimate law enforcement value.

Happy Christmas Mick. Happy Christmas everyone.

Oh he most certainly is that very same one in the article. He confirmed that himself. Happy Christmas indeed, Mr. Mason!

• Thanks 2

I have just read this thread, it does make for unbelievable reading,  that someone could be so brazen and cack-handed with their crimes. 

The real takeaway for me is the way @ped has handled it. I think anyone with half a brain cell could see that legal threats on this would be absolutely baseless, but most website owners would be falling over themselves to protect the (alleged) perpetrator in such a situation, lest they find themselves on the legal chopping block. Thankfully that has not been the case here and the shabby conduct of this individual has been laid bare for all to see.

• Like 16

• prowla changed the title to I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)
  • Hamster locked this topic
  • Hamster unlocked this topic