Why become a member? ×

I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)

prowla

47 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

How can his 'mate' that is a lawyer sum up the costs 'you'll have to pay him' instantly? It's clearly utter swill. He's panicking probably because people in his life are starting to become aware of his foolish ways. 

No lawyer would A: Take the case without a substantial fee from him up front and B: Ever quote the 'winnings' based on no real information. 

I actually suggest you take this to court unless he pays you a fair settlement fee to compensate you for time wasted and legitimate emotional distress. £1000 for all of this wouldn't be out of the question at all. Submit this to Jason, that if Mick doesn't compensate your for all this trouble that you will take him to small claims court to seek compensation. Based on the details we know this far, you would very easily win. All you'd need to do is provide a record of hours wasted, this could be valued against your hourly rate with a percentage of that being added to costs for emotional distress, he would also be liable for court costs if you won. Propose this to Jason, it is 100% fair and you are actually very likely to be successful. 

This will make you laugh - Jason suggested I should apologise. 

• Haha 13

1 minute ago, prowla said:

This will make you laugh - Jason suggested I should apologise. 

Jason is definitely Mick. Classic psychology, he's trying for the 'final win', ties in perfectly with his gambling addiction. He appears to be a very easy man to read. I truly pity him. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

You'd think it would be quite difficult to assassinate the character of someone with dishonesty convictions by alleging they were dishonest.

Mick is Jason. Jason is Mick. Janet is Michael.

Exactly. 

Went inside for obtaining property by deception, has ten prior convictions including counterfeiting and dishonesty offences, and has just been convicted of five charges of fraud and two of falsifying articles and was sentenced to 162 weeks, suspended for two years on 15th January this year. 

Yet this thread has tarnished his good name? 

There's not enough laughing smilies to try and express this clowns comedy genius. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, binky_bass said:

@prowla - Honestly, I do believe you should take him to small claims court. For all the hardship he has put you through, with evidence to back it up, and a quick IP search of whatever device 'Jason' is using will likely point towards Mick and will all be excellent proof for a claim of harassment, emotional distress and hours wasted. Take him to court. If there are any upfront fees in doing so I will VERY happily contribute, men like him need putting in their place otherwise they will not stop. 

This would be thrown out of a small claims court - they don’t deal with personal injury, etc, purely money owed for stuff like contract disputes and faulty goods. 

• Like 1

Yeah I am talking to him on Facebook. My claim is in with Action Fraud along with the bank. I am happy to put together a joint case/claim with anyone who has been ripped off by the 'man'. Seeing as he is a moderator on some FB groups ( unreal isn't it) and also has friends in others I suggest that people are wary about what they post on there, just make sure it is factually correct to cover your derrière. I have blocked him on Facebook as of this morning so it will all go through bank etc.now. I don't even care about the money, just getting this bloke out of the loop and make him realise that what he is doing is not cool.

Edited by walshy
  • Like 19

1 hour ago, walshy said:

So, shocker of shockers! I’ve not been paid so I’ll be pursuing the legal approach I started the other day. I’ll keep you all in the loop of what I can. Cheers all. 

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will at some point. Maybe take advice from Prowla on his technique.

Its all in the technique i'm told. 😂

Joking aside @walshy seriously hope it gets sorted for you

Dave

26 minutes ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

My offer/suggestion of a whip round still stands even though that was initially for Prowla, I'm not technical in these matters but if anyone knows how to create the relevant way of us chipping in to an online pot I'm happy to put a few quid in for any existing bass chat members that have lost out👍

I don't think that we should be too quick to contribute our money to cover off the scammer, unless/until it is apparent that he has got to the point where he absolutely cannot refund.

However, should that point be reached, I would gladly chip in too; it passed the point of being about the money when he started insulting me, trying to intimidate me, saying he would come to my house, threatening me, posting sarky comments on my FB content, trying to control me, and all the other guff.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, walshy said:

And someone else this morning coming forward.

7A0EDF17-8378-454F-8D92-FD81AEF76242.png

Crikey - he's just messaged me to say he's got his money back!

Also, his post was removed from the FB group the above forwarded to; curiously, my warning there was too...

image.thumb.png.ae6b42efdf4566307b4b311e98cd16ed.png

Edited by prowla

If it's not already been suggested, surely Facebook should be alerted that a convicted fraudster is involved in using their service to run an equipment buying/selling page and that he's using that position to cover up complaints about his criminal activities from the people he's ripped off.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Cato said:

If it's not already been suggested, surely Facebook should be alerted that a convicted fraudster is involved in using their service to run an equipment buying/selling page and that he's using that position to cover up complaints about his criminal activities from the people he's ripped off.

Another topic I know, but nearly every ad on Facebook (not from the marketplace) is a scam. Chinese companies, take your money, send the wrong item of a hugely lower value, then tell you to return it to China at your expense for a refund. Facebook simply cannot be niave enough not to realise what's going on but as long as the ad money keeps rolling in they don't care. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I’ve been scammed by Mick Mason recently. Took 3 weeks to get my money back after a barrage of insults and threats from him. Throughout this, I only ever called him a liar, scammer and nut job after the threats, these are more details of the entire episode.

-he told me his daughter posted it 2nd class then gave me a 48hour tracking number for a parcel he was receiving.

-When i raised the subject of his holiday home scam, he told me he did it to cover for a friend with cancer.
-when I provided proof of a recorded phone call with Royal Mail where I’d had it confirmed that the tracking number I’d be given was never scheduled to come to my address, he told me he’d had the parcel re-routed to him as he was scared I would “damage the pedal and try to claim refund”. Again, Royal Mail confirmed he never had it rerouted.

-claimed “Andy Sneap from Judas Priest and Nathan from Inglorious would back him up for not being a liar”

-told me he was starting a slander case against me for calling him a liar, gave me fake screen shots of texts from his solicitor claiming he was “going to clean me out”

-told me he’d give me £50 extra back if I came to his door to collect my money instead. You know which tone that was said in

-after lying to Pablo Rodriguez about when he would refund me, he told me I’d get my money “when he was ready”.

-got called all the names under the sun and he demanded an apology from me for calling him a liar

-threatened to turn up at my door for a “chat” and told me that “the music industry is a small world and I look forward to bumping in to you so we can have a little chat about what you’ve said about me”... lovely.

I believe Pablo Rodriguez is on this forum and it was thanks to him that I eventually got my money back after I raised the subject with him and Mick was then banned from a lot of Facebook groups thanks to the efforts of a Pablo. 

I’ve kept a full screen recording of the entire Facebook conversation between him & myself so if anyone wants it for proof, they’re welcome to it.

There’s an open crime reference number with Leicestershire police that I opened about him. When I mentioned his name I got “oh yeah him” from the officer.

i haven’t read all 17 pages of replies on this thread so I do apologise if this has already been mentioned but again, Pablo deserves a lot of credit.

• Like 23

3 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Wow.. he’s blocked my and my only connection to him is that I’ve posted about him on FB (without tagging him). He’s properly on the run.

Yup even I’m not blocked. You must be too mean 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, ForbiddenWytch said:

I’ve been scammed by Mick Mason recently. Took 3 weeks to get my money back after a barrage of insults and threats from him. Throughout this, I only ever called him a liar, scammer and nut job after the threats, these are more details of the entire episode.

-he told me his daughter posted it 2nd class then gave me a 48hour tracking number for a parcel he was receiving.

-When i raised the subject of his holiday home scam, he told me he did it to cover for a friend with cancer.
-when I provided proof of a recorded phone call with Royal Mail where I’d had it confirmed that the tracking number I’d be given was never scheduled to come to my address, he told me he’d had the parcel re-routed to him as he was scared I would “damage the pedal and try to claim refund”. Again, Royal Mail confirmed he never had it rerouted.

-claimed “Andy Sneap from Judas Priest and Nathan from Inglorious would back him up for not being a liar”

-told me he was starting a slander case against me for calling him a liar, gave me fake screen shots of texts from his solicitor claiming he was “going to clean me out”

-told me he’d give me £50 extra back if I came to his door to collect my money instead. You know which tone that was said in

-after lying to Pablo Rodriguez about when he would refund me, he told me I’d get my money “when he was ready”.

-got called all the names under the sun and he demanded an apology from me for calling him a liar

-threatened to turn up at my door for a “chat” and told me that “the music industry is a small world and I look forward to bumping in to you so we can have a little chat about what you’ve said about me”... lovely.

I believe Pablo Rodriguez is on this forum and it was thanks to him that I eventually got my money back after I raised the subject with him and Mick was then banned from a lot of Facebook groups thanks to the efforts of a Pablo. 

I’ve kept a full screen recording of the entire Facebook conversation between him & myself so if anyone wants it for proof, they’re welcome to it.

There’s an open crime reference number with Leicestershire police that I opened about him. When I mentioned his name I got “oh yeah him” from the officer.

i haven’t read all 17 pages of replies on this thread so I do apologise if this has already been mentioned but again, Pablo deserves a lot of credit.

Well, well; that confirms a number of things. 
I don’t suppose that he’s twigged that the story that you should trust him because he took the fall for the friend means that a. he lied in court (ie. committed perjury) and b. perverted the course of justice (by allowing the real perpetrator to go free). 
Your info could come in handy, if needed. 
Oh, and impersonating a solicitor is an offence too. 

Edited by prowla

2 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

I think making it more public is a good thing. We can then share the link to anyone that isn’t on here (obviously not everyone lol, just those that might be interested). 
As far as reporting scammers to FB, this is different as it’s mods using groups to defraud others (allegedly). In fact if he posted that someone is a pedo that should be reported and I’m sure it will be heavily dealt with. 

Yeah I wasn't going to put it on FB groups but I have today. There are a lot of musicians who have been in touch about unpaid fees for gigs too. So as well as the gear he doesn't sent or refund, gigs aren't being paid for. This guy runs a fairly large organisation and needs to be stopped.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, prowla said:

Well, well; that confirms a number of things. 
I don’t suppose that he’s twigged that the story that you should trust him because he took the fall for the friend means that a. he lied in court (ie. committed perjury) and b. perverted the course of justice (by allowing the real perpetrator to go free). 
Your info could come in handy, if needed. 
Oh, and impersonating a solicitor is an offence too. 

Please do use it all you want. I can provide screen shots and screen recordings of the entire conversation for you.

• Like 3

• prowla changed the title to I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)
  • Hamster locked this topic
  • Hamster unlocked this topic