Why become a member? ×

I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)

prowla

4 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:

not defending this guy, but it may help us understand his behaviour if we understand that he does appear to have a gambling problem and he'll do anything to get the money for his next fix, bit like a drug addict or an alcoholic, he doesn't care about the distress he causes other people

This is perfectly true. To that end, reporting him to the police could bring him the support he clearly needs. He is stealing from other people as we speak (or attempting to).

• Like 5

On 22/12/2020 at 13:09, the hand of john curley said:

I’m about 5 minutes from Glenn Parva-if that’s where he lives. Call Leicester police and get the bloke reported. If he’s on suspended then they’ll re-arrest him surely? 

Mrs Bassfinger says its up to a court actuvate a suspended sentence.  So the little scamp needs arresting, charging, and putting before a beak, and a guilty verdict - then and only then can the sentence be applied. 

Sadly, as much as the Dibble would dearly love to, they can't simply drive the fellow straight to jail.

Edited by Dad3353
Awflu tyignph
  • Like 3

Well, well, well; I have received my refund!!!

The person who mediated says that he has seen the proof of postage; though I haven't; however, I've no reason to doubt his word. In light of that, my comments about the seller posting it to himself appear to be factually incorrect, though I am still perplexed as to why I wasn't and still haven't been directly given that information.

I think it may be appropriate now to take down this thread, but before doing so, I would like to thanks the folks here for their support; I am sure that it wouldn't have happened without your help.

• Like 5

Glad you got your money back - my guess is that you shouted the loudest so he refunded you. 100% chance there are still many people out of pocket because of this guy. Let's hope he gets a swift comeuppance soon for his past and continuing transgressions.

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, prowla said:

Well, well, well; I have received my refund!!!

The person who mediated says that he has seen the proof of postage; though I haven't; however, I've no reason to doubt his word. In light of that, my comments about the seller posting it to himself appear to be factually incorrect, though I am still perplexed as to why I wasn't and still haven't been directly given that information.

I think it may be appropriate now to take down this thread, but before doing so, I would like to thanks the folks here for their support; I am sure that it wouldn't have happened without your help.

Excellent news. Glad its sorted for you but what about @walshy. Is he not in same position as you.

Dave

• Like 1

Nope I have received nothing BUT he did PROMISE it would be paid today. 7th times a charm. There were also at least 3 others who tried to do similar on FB in the groups it was listed it but MM had them taken down and said he’s sue for slander 

Edited by walshy

I have updated my posts in this thread to include the following:

UPDATE 22/12: I HAVE NOW RECEIVED MY REFUND.

I have no interest in posting content which is untrue and have endeavoured to correct anything herein to match that updated information.

Edited by prowla

Nothing on here is libel/slander apart from him trying to make you look like a paedophile as you mentioned in an earlier post. He is just using idol threats to get rid of words that, because of his actions, make him look bad (and rightly so). He has no grounds for suing and I VERY much doubt he has the means to start a suit given he has clearly been gathering his funds for his habit in a very illicit manner. You've done no wrong, we are all witness to that. 

Also it's wise to keep this in a public domain, as well as that message you posted, as if he does start action this thread is very good evidence and is a fairly concise record of events. If you have you're money back, I would advise ceasing contact. 

Just to note as well, that intermediary who sent that message would absolutely be called to court if this was taken that far, they are an instrumental party so are, and will, remain directly involved in any further proceedings. 

Edited by binky_bass
  • Like 4

Also worth flagging, as any Google of Carter Ruck will demonstrate, that even getting a letter from a firm of solicitors threatening to sue does not hold any weight - there is nothing to prevent him from paying solicitors to write you a nasty letter and they will do so even if he has no case, but it means nothing until he has a court date

and to get to court he needs to find a firm of solicitors who believe that he will be able to pay their fees 

Edited by Monkey Steve
  • Like 1

"Dear Prowla, dear Walshy,
Our sollicotors have now send the liable to Cort, so there!
Please find attashed Prove of Post
Kind regards,
Mick Mason"

NB not a dig at people with writing limitations; just a dig at this one guy.

Edited by BassTractor
  • Haha 9

This is the tail-end of the conversation with the intermediary:

You sent Today at 13:44
I am right now posting an update on the threads.
Jason sent Today at 13:48
I’ve just texted Graham to advise you’ve had your money and he’s come back to say
Mick has advised that paul rowlands will have 1 hour to take down any posts and all posts being monitored if this is not done I will start legal action with immediate effect.
Do yourself a favour take down everything with no more comments or everything will get documented, I don’t think this is a guy to be messed about with.
Jason sent Today at 13:49
Just letting you know
You sent Today at 13:49
Sure...
You sent Today at 13:51
Coincidentally, I just received the payment before I completed filing with a debt collection agency.
Jason sent Today at 13:54
And please keep me out of this completely
Jason sent Today at 13:54
Has everything been removed?
Jason sent Today at 14:05
Let me know and I’m happy to let them know
You sent Today at 14:19
As I say, I will ensure that any content is correct. It is not achievable in 1 hour, but will be done more quickly than the time from him first promising a refund to it actually happening.
You sent Today at 14:24
What was the address on the proof of posting?
You sent Today at 15:11
Thread on BassChat updated to reflect the news.
Jason sent Today at 15:29
Not deleted?
You sent Today at 15:30
Updated on The Fretboard.
Jason sent Today at 15:33
I’ve had another message now, think I need to move away from this
“As nothing has been deleted I have now instructed our solicitors to sue for Liable/Slander resulting in defamation of character.
I did advise you mate.
Looks like this is going to cost you a fair bit.
Why didn’t you simply delete the threads/ posts ?
You sent Today at 15:35
I would suggest that. The truth is an absolute defence against slander/libel.
Jason sent Today at 15:37
But In yours/his case he is in the rite you must be bonkers, I would have deleted straight away
You sent Today at 15:38
Everything I've written is true.
Jason sent Today at 15:41
I’ve spoke to my relative and told him the facts as I see it and his advise is to remove everything as you have committed an offence rightly or wrongly, he’s advised liability of £3000 plus
He’s a lawyer btw
He said it’s a simple open and shut case
You sent Today at 15:48
I've said all along that I am happy (and indeed eager) to correct/retract any wrongs.
You sent Today at 15:49
Nothing has been pointed out which is wrong.
Jason sent Today at 15:49
I’ll leave it with mate
But it’s going to cost you a lot of money
You sent Today at 15:53
Thanks for your help - it went past the money a while back, when he started threatening, insulting, posting comments on my web content, and spreading rumours that I was a paedophile (all of which I have screenshots of). If he does want to go down that road, I can happily do likewise and we'll make our respective lawyers rich.
Jason sent Today at 15:55
Rather you than me
Hope you can afford it I’ve £100 too
Over £100 I meant
Bit crazy really I’d just take the money and move on
You sent Today at 15:55
Aye. Yes, I can.
I’ll
Leave it with you then
You sent Today at 15:56
Thanks again for your intervention.
Jason sent Today at 15:57
((thumbs-up))

3 minutes ago, skidder652003 said:

Perhaps "Jason" could be gently reminded that any court "action" will invariably drag poor Jase along as well and maybe he could have a word with his mate to slink back into the hole he slithered from?

I wonder what would happen if Jason was asked his full name and address so that Prowla could update the police and his legal team on developments, just in case they wish to talk to him .... :ph34r:

• Like 3

• prowla changed the title to I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)
  • Hamster locked this topic
  • Hamster unlocked this topic