Why become a member? ×

I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)

prowla

2 hours ago, ped said:

Do we need to change the title to warn other people of this guy?

Absolutely. He still adamant he's done no wrong. To be fair to him he hasn't blocked me on FB but has led me on since 16th Nov. bad form.

Im going to speak to the bank this afternoon and go from there

• Like 2

On 18/12/2020 at 11:01, bassintheface said:

Are there any BC'ers near enough to his address in Leicester to pick up the goods, then post them on for a small fee?

If I was closer, I'd offer to collect on your behalf (and Mr Walsh) and post them all on for you guys.

Im tempted to drive down and collect in person.

So after about 100 messages he's asked me to wait until Tuesday as he has money coming then. I won't as he's promised lots of times before.Apparently,  He's a very well respected bassist and is well known in the industry and would never rip anyone off. He had to go as he was playing a pantomime gig tonight. So not only a shady man, he's gigging too! 

Edited by Billy Apple

5 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

I know he's not operating directly on here but is there a case for starting a feedback thread?

I see the point but think best not - we don't want our feedback section being about people and/or deals off site. To the casual observer it may not be obvious and make BC look terrible, too.

• Like 2

I’ve had a lot of dealings with this guy, to be fair never had a problem and everything delivered as normal.

I purchased three pedals over different periods never any issues, I’ve learned in life that there are always two sides to every story and see a lot of this bandwagon jumping, anyway that’s my experience of this.

• Haha 12

13 minutes ago, Bassgroover12 said:

I’ve had a lot of dealings with this guy, to be fair never had a problem and everything delivered as normal.

I purchased three pedals over different periods never any issues, I’ve learned in life that there are always two sides to every story and see a lot of this bandwagon jumping, anyway that’s my experience of this.

Joined 20 minutes ago? Lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

On 18/12/2020 at 16:29, Bassgroover12 said:

I'm sure...

UPDATE: I HAVE NOW RECEIVED MY REFUND.

Edited by prowla
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Bassgroover12 said:

I don't know whether to be A} slightly in awe at your sheer brass neck in creating a fake profile purely to try to defend yourself, or B} astonished that you'd be dumb enough to think it would work. I'll go with B, I think :lol: :lol: :lol: 

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

On 18/12/2020 at 17:11, dave_bass5 said:

How could there be another side to not getting the goods since 16th Nov and being fed excuses? There is no evidence you, sorry, he, posted them to the buyer, just that something was posted out. Could have been anything.

Actually he gave me the track & trace evidence which only shows the item being in the Midlands.

UPDATE: I HAVE NOW RECEIVED MY REFUND.

Edited by prowla
  • Like 2

I'm sure if the Police get involved certain people can provide IP addresses to confirm our new and gone friend was the trickster himself. The guy is clearly not going to be paying anyone back unless under threat of real Police or Court action. Time to step up the response from those affected by this chumps festive spirit. 

• Like 6

According to Mrs Bassfinger, who is an ex copper, most of these social media companies are American based and don't always cooperate with the dibble except for serious cases, high risk cases, or cases with child victims - they're under no obligation to do so, and can't be forced to do so.  Even if they do, anyone who is half sharp would simply use an untegistered PAYG SIM in their phone when placing their adds.

Never say never, but I'm  being told it's not as straightforward as most armchair detectives seem to think.

1 minute ago, Bassfinger said:

According to Mrs Bassfinger, who is an ex copper, most of these social media companies are American based and don't always cooperate with the dibble except for serious cases, high risk cases, or cases with child victims - they're under no obligation to do so, and can't be forced to do so.  Even if they do, anyone who is half sharp would simply use an untegistered PAYG SIM in their phone when placing their adds.

Never say never, but I'm  being told it's not as straightforward as most armchair detectives seem to think.

Nah they are listed on his personal FB page, in groups he’s a member of. Links from his page to his company and bands including his email and phone number attached. Open and shut case m’lord

• Like 2

we are very lucky Down Under in that our OzBass forum (pop in and say Hi btw) is a tight knit bunch and being a smaller group,we all know each other very well and sell and buy with complete trust.

No qualms in sending $1000 via Paypal family and friends.

One guy posted my pedal to me before payment had been made. I bought a $1,000 amp from interstate,a recording desk ,basses, never a problem. We have a rule where you have to be a 'supporting member" to buy and sell,seems to keep the riffraff away.

He could easily join using a different name.  Then again, i'm sure being banned doesnt stop him from just reading the shytstorm that's coming his way

For a career criminal and shyster, he's not that clued up on how to get away with it.   I think if someone quietly moved his supper 5 inches to the right, he'd starve

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Hey guys
This same person owes me and my friends money for a gig... He hired us to play a Queen's Tribute last year.
He was selling a bass pedal this days... I offered him swap for the money that he owes me... and he didn't give a stinky poo... 
I keep pressing him, he ended saying that he was going to sue me if I insist. He said that he is well known in many theatres and venues, and if I mess with him I never play again in this places. 
He blocked me after this.

• Like 2

On 19/12/2020 at 16:08, bassintheface said:

to be fair, based on the info I've read on here, this guy sounds like a right silly man

Aye and runs a very large Function band agency too. Unreal

Edited by Billy Apple
  • Confused 1