Why become a member? ×

Thomas P

New price: 1000£

New listing as previous was priced incorrectly, plus addition of spare set of PU's.
Open to offers and trade with other 5 string. Willing to add money for the right instrument.

Hi All

This is an elder 2011 bass that very likely never has seen a rehearsal room, nor a scene.
It is as new part from one tiny ding on the rear of the neck, and some surface marks on the edge of the body  from resting in a stand.

34" scale, 44mm nut width, 18mm string spacing, 4.4. kg and passive.
Ash body stained in a nice brown color with matching scratchplate, which, stills has the protective film attached
Ash neck with rosewood fretboard with beutiful inlays. Slightly tapered profile from a flat D in the upper rigister to a more
soft C shape at the head. Quite nice actually. Furthermore there's a Tortoise binding along the edge of the neck.
High quality passive electronic parts, dead quiet but still room enough for an onboard pre-amp like a John East model.

I have a pair of new Kent Armstrong HB5E3N/B pick up's which fits in the slots for the existing PU's. They'll be supplied along
with the bass as part of the buy.

I've found a youtube link containg this model in a 4 string ash fretboard version. Due to the playing style of the reviewer
it doesn't really indicate the versatility and quality of the instrument.
The second link, despite a different, and lower prices model, is better.

Price contains a 50£ reserve for shipping, if above we split the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xICAjwAd4V0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhsX29DnLTg

Kind Regards
Thomas

DSCN5766.JPG

DSCN5791.JPG

DSCN5753.JPG

DSCN5754.JPG

DSCN5759.JPG

DSCN5756.JPG

DSCN5760.JPG

DSCN5775.JPG

DSCN5743.JPG

DSCN5769.JPG

DSCN5780.JPG

DSCN5782.JPG

DSCN5772.JPG

DSCN5744.JPG

IMG_1094.JPG

IMG_1095.JPG

DSCN5777.JPG

Edited by Thomas P
Photo added
  • Like 3

I`d actually categorize it more as a supercharged passive Jazz, with plenty of Omphh but still clear as a grand piano.
A bit torn about whether to keep it. Only reason it shouldn`t cost as much as say a used Mike Lull (which I played earlier)is that Bacchus isn`t particular well known in Europe, contrary to Asia.

Morning.

They are in-house Bacchus Custom P. 

Remarkable clean and even sounding PU`s. Just a slight twist of one of the volume pots, and the sound changes. Same with moving the right hand position where the strings are played.

• Thanks 1

• MB1 locked this topic