Why become a member? ×

New Rickenbacker Bridge Gubbins

King Tut

Interesting design & certainly an improvement over the primitive original - but it won't address tail-lift, which the new official Rick unit does.

I still think unless you really need the mute, the Hipshot remains the best solution, at least you can palm-mute when using a pick - which quite a lot of Rick players seem to do.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

As I tend to swap strings quite a bit - and the limited intonation adjustment on the old bridges can be annoying - I’ve thought about the various replacements.  The problem with the Hipshot is I’ve read so many reports of rattling saddles and/or not being able to get the saddles low enough (which would be a nightmare for me as I like extremely low action). Anyone care to comment on these?

Doesn't address tail lift which the new Ric bridge does.

Gives full saddles adjustment. Same as the new Ric bridge.

Doesn't allow palm muting. Same as new and old Ric  bridges. Work your way with bridge mutes and left hand muting...

Shopping for a Ric? Quite backordered everywhere in Europe. If you are lucky to find one then you have great chances it's equipped with the new bridge. I have been.

Used? 100% old Ric bridge. Well...99% 😁

• Like 1

The V2 Ric bridge seems to be going for around £259 in the UK. 

I’m not really sure I see the point of the Babicz being fitted to a tailpiece that could potentially suffer from tail lift, tbh, although if it fits the earlier aluminium tailpiece it could be useful. The V2 has a block that screws to the body that the strings go through, which will eliminate that; it has full intonation adjustment and roller saddles enabling you to alter string spacing. 

3AB28476-68F8-4945-B7E3-999FE138B930.jpeg

CDB51520-AD07-4C26-99ED-77B60B7E6B65.jpeg

• Like 1