Why become a member? ×

SOLD 1984 Ibanez Roadstar II RB630 with OHSC reduced - now £375 ono
£450
Tenby

mihangle

On offer here is a nice Ibanez Roastar II from March 1984, in burgundy.

The bass is in good condition with a few light surface scratches, but no major dings to the body.

It still has the original 'moustache' strap buttons.

There are a few marks to the top of the headstock which I've tried to show in one of the pictures.

These guitars have a small but dedicated following.

The only thing I'm not entirely sure is genuine are the control knobs - perhaps any BC'ers can advise? I think they might be original as the plastic is pretty well worn on the inside, so that they will keep on turning past the maximum tone and volume position. However, a 1981 Blazer I had came with solid brass controls so I'm not sure.

The case isn't in such good condition as the guitar - the original owner has undertaken a repair to the handle (which works!) and the plywood at the base of the case is slightly damaged. I suspect it could be glued back into place by someone who knows what they are doing.

I can ship to mainland UK for £25.

Not widly keen to sell as it's such a nice guitar, but I have a new Sandberg arriving tomorrow and probably ought to put the bank balance back in some sort of order.

Thanks for looking!

edit 13th March - price now reduced and open to offers - also I have changed the tone and volume controls to make them look more like the originals - will post picture soon.

edit 16th March - I have now added some new pictures to show the new control knobs. Also, after a question about the neck I have added a picture which shows some minor fret wear, alhtough it's nothing I have ever noticed while playing.

FFXT6414.JPG

FFXT6415.JPG

FFXT6417.JPG

FFXT6416.JPG

FFXT6385.JPG

FFXT6389.JPG

FFXT6394.JPG

FFXT6396.JPG

FFXT6392.JPG

FFXT6393.JPG

FFXT6399.JPG

FFXT6403.JPG

FFXT6405.JPG

FFXT6407.JPG

FFXT6404.JPG

FFXT6385.JPG

FFXT6569.JPG

FFXT6570.JPG

FFXT6575.JPG

Edited by mihangle
sold
  • Like 10

That's a beautiful example of that model.

In answer to your question, unfortunately, the knobs aren't original. By this time, Ibanez were using their revolutionary "Sure Grip II" knobs (otherwise known as "a plastic knob with a rubber ring on it" :D ). Regardless, it's still a cracking example.

GLWTS.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bassaussie said:

That's a beautiful example of that model.

In answer to your question, unfortunately, the knobs aren't original. By this time, Ibanez were using their revolutionary "Sure Grip II" knobs (otherwise known as "a plastic knob with a rubber ring on it" :D ). Regardless, it's still a cracking example.

GLWTS.

Many thanks for the info!

Just now, cleggy said:

Nice looking bass can you tell me how the neck plays and tone pups etc

cheers 

Gary 

plays really well - the pickups have amazing output - they are much louder than my 9v actve bass.

the neck is much more like a typical Precision than the modern Ibanez basses I've played. There's a nice vintage fading to the maple from the age of the bass.

The guitar looks nicer now I've put black tone and volume control knobs on - you've reminded me I need to post new pics, will do that tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lowregisterhead said:

Lovely. I have a real soft spot for Ibanez basses from this era - I had a Roadster RS900 and a couple of RS924s back in the day. Just out of interest, just when did the RoadstEr become the RoadstAr??

I can't even work out how this bass is different to the Blazer I had in 1981!

• Haha 1

• MB1 locked this topic