Why become a member? ×

Itch for a Valve Amp

Deepfat

2 hours ago, JottoSW1 said:

He sent me an offer for £539 (£60:off).

Think @la bam could comment on this Amp. Tried one briefly in a Studio. Sounded huge, very (too much ?) adjustable. 400 valve watts !!!!

Great amp in every way.

Not ridiculously heavy, but still heavy.

It's a great sound, really nice. Very instant response.

The genius is that it's two amps in one, a solid state and a valve, so if anything goes wrong, you can switch over without worry.

The biggest issue was it's a complete work of art. It's a stunning thing to have and to look at with all those valves glowing etc and as such you will want to protect it, which adds a hard case and more weight.

It's not gonna knock your socks off on it's own- I dont think valve amps do - but its lovely in the mix.

11 hours ago, Bankai said:

A more modern and British sounding SVT-2 Pro is how I’d describe it when I heard one. Certainly not a bad amp at all. Not sure of the going rate on them though 

That's a good price...great amps, just check for service, age of valves etc.

3 hours ago, Aliwobble said:

I’m loving my Ashdown little bastard for rehearsals and small gigs. Only 30 watts, but 30 valve watts gets pretty loud through a decent speaker. It is just an altogether different thing to my GK mb500.

E54DC441-A912-4BBE-B662-22D9AE917883.jpeg

What are those Trace Cabinets like?

3 hours ago, Aliwobble said:

I’m loving my Ashdown little bastard for rehearsals and small gigs. Only 30 watts, but 30 valve watts gets pretty loud through a decent speaker. It is just an altogether different thing to my GK mb500.

E54DC441-A912-4BBE-B662-22D9AE917883.jpeg

What are those Trace Cabinets like?