Why become a member? ×

Horace Panters' Ghost Town Bass

Hobbayne

That light blue one looks lovely, shame about the dead spot. 

I've been trying to avoid stuff we gig as it makes me realise how much I miss it, but the snippet of Nite Club made me go and listen to a live version of it. I love playing that one live, the guitar and vocals used to leave it ages to come back in on the 'that bass part'. Just me and the drums grooving and everyone dancing. Octave runs galore 😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Maude said:

I've been trying to avoid stuff we gig as it makes me realise how much I miss it, but the snippet of Nite Club Klub made me go and listen to a live version of it. I love playing that one live, the guitar and vocals used to leave it ages to come back in on the 'that bass part'. Just me and the drums grooving and everyone dancing. Octave runs galore 😁

Fixed 😏. Yeah, me too. Love that song.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maude said:

His book 'Ska'd For Life' is a good read. Amazingly he hadn't really been playing long when he joined The Specials and seemed genuinely giddy with the rollercoaster ride. 

I didn’t know he had a book out, I’ll look it up, thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lowdown said:

In true Bass player style, he signs off with a little bit of Slap & Tickle, along with a touch of Bass face and his tongue accenting the slide down from the E....

Or F, as interestingly, they're tuned a half step up compared to the songs on the album. 👍

• Like 1

On 15/12/2020 at 21:22, Maude said:

His book 'Ska'd For Life' is a good read. Amazingly he hadn't really been playing long when he joined The Specials and seemed genuinely giddy with the rollercoaster ride. 

On 15/12/2020 at 22:49, Lozz196 said:

I didn’t know he had a book out, I’ll look it up, thanks for the heads up.

And I’ve now got it, am halfway through and it’s a very good read so far.

• Like 1