Why become a member? ×

Guitar shop burglary Glasgow.

xgsjx

What a shower of barstuards! You couldn`t meet a more helpful bunch of folks than Louise and the rest of the guys and gals in the shop.

They have done some really good work for me and a few of my mates over the years, here`s hoping they get most of them back.

Here’s the list.

Keep your eyes open for any guitars turning up for sale on here, Gumtree or anywhere else. Please share and get the word out.

If you see them advertised or are offered then for sale please contact the police on 101, quoting incident number 4444 of Saturday, 12 December, 2020, or make a call anonymously to the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111

1. Fender No Caster Telecaster – USA Custom Shop Relic (2017) Butterscotch Finish (£2499)
(Shop Ref : A3318) Serial # R17644

2. Suhr Modern Pro (USA, 2017) Trans Denim Blue, Maple Neck & Fingerboard (£2499)
(Shop Ref : A3315) Serial # JS7H8W

3. Echopark Kentucky Clarence Rose USA 2013 White Victorian Rose Finish Maple Neck (£2899)
(Shop Ref : A3258/11) Serial # CK12-001

4. PRS Custom 22 Semi Hollow Ltd Edition 1 of 300 Made (USA 2010) Black Cherry Finish (£2599)
(Shop Ref : A3258/5) Serial # 162801

5. Gibson Custom Shop 356 (USA 2008) Black aged finish Gold Hardware & Bigsby Vibrola (£2999)
Shop Ref : A3213) Serial # CS (8) 3381 : 2008 

6. Suhr Classic T Antique Korina (USA 2012) Tele Style Aged Finish Pau Ferro Fingerboard (£2299)
(Shop Ref : A3161) Serial # 17378 

7. Hofner Violin Bass 500/1 – 20/40 Anniversary 1 of 400 (1995/96) Sunburst Finish (£1999)
(Shop Ref : A3299) Serial # 2040307

8. Fender Nashville Telecaster (Mexico 2018) Fiesta Red Finish, Noiseless Pickups
(Shop Ref A3225/A(1) Serial # ? 

Acoustics 

9. NK Forster Model C (England 2006) Spruce Top Indian Rosewood Back & Sides Serial N/A ? £3499
(Shop Ref : A) Serial # 20/3 

10. NK Forster GHO One off / Super Rare How Orme Neck Joint (England 2013) Brazilian Rosewood Back & Sides, Spruce Top (£3999)
(Shop Ref : A ) Serial # 20/3 

11. Santa Cruz Tony Rice Model (USA 1994) European Spruce Top Indian Rosewood Back & Sides Signed By Tony Rice on label (£3999)
(Shop Ref : A3270/2 ) Serial # 1213R

12. L’Arivee OM-09 Spruce Top, Indian Rosewood Back & Sides (Canada 1993) Spruce Top, Indian Rosewood Back & Sides 
(Shop Ref : A3187) Serial # 0913359 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, bazzbass said:

while I hate all crims, at least they were insured, the guitars didn't belong to anybody yet, up for sale.

Not as bad as a musician getting his gear stolen. 

Yes, but now their insurance premiums will go up and there would be quite a bit of disruption due to the damage caused by the break-in etc.

Edited by BillyBass
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, bazzbass said:

while I hate all crims, at least they were insured, the guitars didn't belong to anybody yet, up for sale.

The guitars are the property of the shop. They've got money tied up in them and will now have to go through the cost and inconvenience of dealing with the theft, so this is far from a victimless crime. It must be hard enough to run a guitar shop at the best of times, never mind with this sort of thing happening. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Chris2112 said:

The guitars are the property of the shop. They've got money tied up in them and will now have to go through the cost and inconvenience of dealing with the theft, so this is far from a victimless crime. It must be hard enough to run a guitar shop at the best of times, never mind with this sort of thing happening. 

if you read my post, you'd see that I was saying that as it wasn't in someone's hands as THEIR guitar, it wasn't as bad . I stand by that statement. Not arguing,just restating my point.

2 hours ago, bazzbass said:

if you read my post, you'd see that I was saying that as it wasn't in someone's hands as THEIR guitar, it wasn't as bad . I stand by that statement. Not arguing,just restating my point.

I think everyone that quoted you knew exactly what you wrote and can read quite well. Maybe you’d like to ring them and tell them your thoughts - see what they say ;)

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Doctor J said:

Nowhere did he say or imply it was a victimless crime. Call off the hounds, lads.

I haven't been on here for a while, 6 months, I can't believe how worse it's become on here, ALMOST like TB, almost. Mostly much better 

What I said was "it's not as bad as if someone who actually owns (and plays it) gets it stolen". sheesh

• Like 2

On 14/12/2020 at 05:26, bazzbass said:

Commercial insurers can be arsey twunts and will wriggle and squirm to get get out of paying for anything.

For example, if 20 instruments were stolen they may well treat it as 20 separate thefts under their terms and demand the shop pays 20 lots of excess charges.  What small business can afford to make a claim under those sort of conditions?

I've  seen it all with insurers where equipment is stolen from fields and platforms, and that is but one wheeze they will pull. Even worse, in my experience British insurers  are some of the worst in the world for pulling such tricks.  Those in Greece, Brazil,  Norway, and Bolivia are relatively honest and hassle free to deal with in comparison the the shysters of British insurance.

For a small business it can be every bit as painful and upsetting as it would be for a musician. Hell, the owner probably is a musician.

Edited by Bassfinger

1 hour ago, bazzbass said:

I haven't been on here for a while, 6 months, I can't believe how worse it's become on here, ALMOST like TB, almost. Mostly much better 

What I said was "it's not as bad as if someone who actually owns (and plays it) gets it stolen". sheesh

Yeah, I know what you meant and it did not mean you were unsympathetic to the situation the shop is in, quite clearly. I think it's a social media thing infiltrating the forum, I've noticed a rise in it too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bassfinger said:

Commercial insurers can be arsey twunts and will wriggle and squirm to get get out of paying for anything.

For example, if 20 instruments were stolen they may well treat it as 20 separate thefts under their terms and demand the shop pays 20 lots of excess charges.  What small business can afford to make a claim under those sort of conditions?

I've  seen it all with insurers where equipment is stolen from fields and platforms, and that is but one wheeze they will pull. Even worse, in my experience British insurers  are some of the worst in the world for pulling such tricks.  Those in Greece, Brazil,  Norway, and Bolivia are relatively honest and hassle free to deal with in comparison the the shysters of British insurance.

For a small business it can be every bit as painful and upsetting as it would be for a musician. Hell, the owner probably is a musician.

I’ve not worked in commercial insurance only domestic, but I can’t see how they could charge multiple excesses for a theft involving more than one item. 

The shop owners are musicians.