Why become a member? ×

Trying to track down an ashdown mini rig

Foureyes

Glad you have found one. I have the perfect ten and it (was) a great amp. It lasted about a year and then something went wrong and now it's a distorted mess. I have brought it with me on three house moves, with a plan to find someone to fix it. I hope I haven't left it too late as I loved the sound and also the look of it. I hope your son enjoys his own mini stack! Literally head and shoulders above your average practice amp.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Ashdown’s after sales department are really good, I’ve been there many times, if you give them a call I’m sure they will sort it for you 🙂

And if you want someone local to do the repair Ashdown will happily supply the schematics for your tech. 

I had two Perfect ten mini rigs (still got one), the ones with the metal grilles rather than cloth, one was popping the slow blow fuse. Took it someone local who got the schematic from Ashdown, traced it to an output resistor or something. Changed that and put some extra heat sink paste on something (can you tell I'm not really sure what was done?) and all was good again. The schematic really helped him pinpoint the issue. 

Thanks everyone. I'm sure it would be a simple fix, I've just put it off for years and years. Partly cos I don't really know a good amp tech in the Glasgow area and partly cos I was unaware of the truly superhuman customer services of ashdown I keep hearing about. I will be in touch with them soon I assure you, no more procrastination!

• Like 2

On 06/01/2021 at 12:13, Marvin said:

Hi mate I’ve already found one now. But thanks for the info. I tried to join the group and few days ago but I still haven’t been let in 😂

• Like 1