Why become a member? ×

Trying to track down an ashdown mini rig

Foureyes

Hi all. 

I’ve just started to teach my lad how to play, he’s loving it so far, doing well and it’s really helping to bring him out of his shell (He’s very quiet and lacks self confidence in a lot of things). 

He’s fallen in love with my ashdown rig, the wife and neighbours haven’t. So I’m trying to track down a mini rig for him to use a as a practice amp. 

if anyone knows of one for sale or any where that still has some old stock any information would be greatly appreciated 

cheers all! 

80394E90-D9E5-450D-BE92-7DA2ED498B66.jpeg

• Like 1

Would a rootmaster head be better? Nice and small but powerful enough to gig with if that ever becomes an option.

pair it with a decent 10” speaker and that’s a great home setup. Add another 10” cab and again you’re ready to gig.

Used RM heads are fairly common to see in market place

• Like 1

@TheGreek a combo was my first thought but I think he just wants a head and a cab, so he can feel like the people he looks up to, don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to spoil him or whatever. I’m just trying to be as supportive as I can as playing the bass seems to be doing him a lot of good in so many way. 

Edited by Foureyes
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Foureyes said:

That would defined be worth a go! Why I hadn’t thought of that is beyond me! Cheers bud! 

Well worth a try as already mentioned they are probably the most customer focused company out there.

Why not stick a post in the Wanted section down below. You never know your luck.

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

If it helps, I’m planning on going to Ashdown at the end of next week, if you want me to look at anything specific just let me know 🙂

Thanks mate. Thanks most appreciated I’m gonna email ashdown later. And see if they have any lying around. 

• Like 1

It depends what you are looking for.  I have an Ashdown Mi10  cabinet which is plenty loud enough for small gigs.  I guess you could pair it with a Newt pedal amp if you really want but it should be with a Mi220 head.  Neither setup would stop him bothering the neighbours though.

If you are interested in the Mi10 PM me as I don't use it anymore.

3 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I don’t do Facebook so I can’t see the pictures properly, Looks very similar to this one, but it says it’s in London 🙂https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274604830725

13 minutes ago, BassBunny said:

Thank you both. I’ll get in contact with them tomorrow!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...