Why become a member? ×

Amptweaker Bass tight fuzz?

danbowskill

I've not tried one, but Juan Alderete told me that it was one of the best fuzz pedals on the market.

Amptweaker got bought out earlier this year, and it looks like they have changed their aesthetic and got rid of their bass effects.

Edited by Doddy

38 minutes ago, danbowskill said:

I'm glad you got it, bargain for new (£220 at thomann) ..... Gutted as I didn't quite have funds. Yeah, let us know how it is please as its a scratch that needs itching now for after Xmas 🙂

£244 actually! Well if I don't get on with it and you're still after one at some point you can have first dibs 👍

• Thanks 1

I have it. I tried some five (or seven?) OD/dist/fuzz pedals side by side and that 'tweaker was the best. I also have a Spruce effects Old growth fuzz modded for bass. Not cheap ones, but when I listened to them, I took the one (two!) that was for me.

Amptweaker has lots of switches to tweak the sound. It works with hi- and lo-Z ("active and passive") basses, which is a bit uncommon. OGF works better with a hi-Z ("passive") instrument.

Arrived today.

Had a low level jam with it, thought it sounded okay but nothing that wow'd me 😒..... Came back to it a while later and played it at a heafty volume through my rig 😁.. Mind changed, It sounds fantastic!! I can see the low fuzz tones as being an always on pedal for some people, just gives a lovely creamy slight amp break up feel.

I'll be giving it a real test at practice Sunday so I'll make my mind up then if it's the fuzz I'm looking for... . It's quite a different flavour to what I'm used to but so far it's a 👍

Edited by danbowskill
  • Like 1