Why become a member? ×

Squire Classic Vibe first edition P basses.

Gooberschmitt

In short if you have one or are going to buy one (the red one), wonderful and outstanding value bass. Believe the white was a later model?

From Bass Direct copy to give you some specs:

Classic Design

Like many other Basses from Squier, this Classic Vibe 60’s P Bass offers all the classic looks and build quality that you would expect from Fender. With its basswood body, you are provided with a lightweight bass that can be played for much longer. Its maple neck is topped with a rosewood fingerboard with 20 frets, and pearloid dot inlays. Additional features include the classic over-sized headstock, which allows for easier tuning, and the ergonomic finger rest.

Pickups

The Classic Vibe 60’s P Bass Guitar comes equipped with a custom split-single-coil Precision Bass pickup, that delivers powerful bass tones, a clear high end and also warm vintage-style tones. The use of Alnico magnets within these pickups also provides added focus and enhanced dynamics.

Features

1. Equipped with a custom split-single-coil Precision Bass pickup

2. Delivers a clear high end with enhanced dynamics

3. Comfortable "C" shaped neck profile for optimum playability

4. 4-Saddle HiMass Bridge with Brass Saddles

5. Bolt-on neck delivers resonance and sustain

6. Gloss finish

7. Includes two wrenchs for easy adjustments

8. Basic controls include volume and tone

Specification

Body & Bridge

1. Body: Basswood

2. Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass Bridge with Brass Saddles

3. Construction: Bolt-On

4. Finish: Olympic White

Neck & Fingerboard

1. Neck: Maple

2. Fingerboard:Rosewood

3. Scale: 34”

4. Frets: 20

5. Inlays: Pearloid Dots

6. Nut:Synthetic Bone

7. Neck Shape: ‘C’

Electronics & Hardware

1. Pickup: Custom split-single-coil Precision Bass® pickup

2. Controls: Volume/ Tone

3. Pickguard: Black

4. Finger Rest: Black

5. Control Knobs: Chrome

6. Hardware: Chrome

As far as I'm aware, the Sonic Blue + white scratchplate version of the Classic Vibe 60s Precision appeared first, and had the bridge cover fitted as standard. This was followed by the Fiesta Red + tort version, which didn't come with a bridge cover. I really fancied a Sonic Blue one, but by the time I'd decided to get one, none were available new, and everybody who had one wasn't selling them - I eventually picked up a 2010 Fiesta Red one on here, not my first choice of colour admittedly but with the added bonus of a Wizard Thumper pickup, which had been completely unmentioned in the ad! 😁

The original Sonic Blue and Fiesta Red models were both made in China - I believe the later Oly White and 3TS versions were made in Indonesia rather than China, no idea how they match up against the "originals".