Why become a member? ×

EBS Stanley Clarke Acoustic Preamp

Al Krow

Question for the EBS Stanley Clarke users - according to the manual, the tuner out only becomes active when the Mute is on. However, on mine, the tuner out is active irrespective of the setting of the mute switch. Is this normal behaviour or does mine have a problem?

42 minutes ago, JPJ said:

Question for the EBS Stanley Clarke users - according to the manual, the tuner out only becomes active when the Mute is on. However, on mine, the tuner out is active irrespective of the setting of the mute switch. Is this normal behaviour or does mine have a problem?

I don't have mine in front of me right now, and in fact I moved my tuner to the FX loop - but yes I'm pretty sure mine also behaves like you have described.

12 hours ago, JPJ said:

I can confirm that my Tuner out is only active when the pedal is muted as per the manual. The mute button is effectively toggling whether the output goes to amp-out/DI/Headphone OR tuner-out (according to the circuit diagrom the Effects Send is the only output not effected by the mute button).

21 minutes ago, SimBass said:

I can confirm that my Tuner out is only active when the pedal is muted as per the manual. The mute button is effectively toggling whether the output goes to amp-out/DI/Headphone OR tuner-out (according to the circuit diagrom the Effects Send is the only output not effected by the mute button).

Thanks for this, I have shot an enquiry off to EBS directly before going back to Mark at Bass Direct. Let’s wait and see what they have to say, but I suspect I may have a duff unit 😔

So I received a reply from EBS tech support who told me of a dip switch inside which sets the tuner out to either mute activated or permanently on. A quick flick of the switch has mine now behaving as anticipated i.e. the tuner only active when the mute is on. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

I like the idea of an always on tuner - always useful if you are holding a note, you can tune mid song/bar without your sound dropping out. Then you have the mute for when you do want to drop out and silent tune.

I hear you, and it’s also a useful check of your intonation when playing fretless or EUB but I found it distracting hence why I wanted it disabling. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So in need of a quick late night practice on the EUB, I remembered that the Stanley Clarke has both a headphone out and an aux in socket. Tried it for the first time and I’m impressed. It’s certainly quicker than setting up the laptop, interface, etc. and great for a bit of late night noodling. Can’t believe I haven’t tried this earlier 🤦‍♂️

On 31/03/2023 at 12:12, JPJ said:

So in need of a quick late night practice on the EUB, I remembered that the Stanley Clarke has both a headphone out and an aux in socket. Tried it for the first time and I’m impressed. It’s certainly quicker than setting up the laptop, interface, etc. and great for a bit of late night noodling. Can’t believe I haven’t tried this earlier 🤦‍♂️

Most of my use of mine is for practice. I take it on gigs where a backline is provided and send Di to PA and jack output to power amp input or the return jack on the provided bass amp. Superb unit.

• 3 weeks later...