Why become a member? ×

Advice on drop-fill carbon neck

B.Flat

I have a carbon neck with a chip, which I think I can drop-fill myself with a bit of advice from someone who has this experience.

The questionh is what to use. The manufacturer of the bass says polyester will be OK, but the polyester I have in stock is amber-coloured, not clear.

I have tried a spot of EVERBUILD MITREFAST (with accelerator) which seems clear enough, but I do not know if it will adhere to the carbon  and polish up correctly.

All advice on materials and method gratefully received. I have watched several Youtubes of drop-fill, but they are all on flat surfaces, and also I do not want the finished job to look wirse than it is now, as the playability is unaffected by the chip.

DSCN3131.JPG

I have used clear nail lacquer on Vigier, Modulus, and Status necks. Lacquer dries quickly and sticks very well. Cheap, easy to find. Of course any colour is good, and it's always nice to start the conversation in the shop about which brand is the best for you with the salesperson...

• Haha 3