Why become a member? ×

Barefaced One10T

BillyBass

3 hours ago, funkle said:

I loved the One10 but found it too dark. The One10T looks like it would be right up my street, although after making @stevie’s amazing 1x12” + compression driver cab, I’m kind of invested in seeing what @stevie comes up with next that has a 10” driver...

Also £550 for a 1x10 + tweeter is pretty expensive...but then 1x12” cabs have always been a bit more viable in terms of bang for the buck...

EDIT: just checked the original One10 new price, £419. I can definitely see a well designed crossover and the tweeter adding both cost and value, but it still seems like a lot for a One10T. I’ll wait until someone inevitably sells theirs, lol

Things are in the works.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I can't try it at high volume without having some neighbour problems. At low volume sounds good, and to be honest now the cabs look way better than the older ones. I hope it will sound good at higher volumes, but until I'll have a practice or a gig I think it will be a long time.

I want to try it with my Markbass cmd 121, seems stable on it and still have room to move the amp pots. If it works, I will have a modular and light rig, and for louder gigs (or for slapping thing) I have a EBS Neo 212

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 07:17, bassist_lewis said:

I'm not hugely fussed about having a tweeter but I am wondering if it will pair with the original One10. Been considering a One10 stack for years!

Alex said yes when I asked ...

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now I've raised the money I can't decide between the One10 and the One10T!

Decisions decisions!

On one hand I've had One10 before and liked it. On the other the tweeter can be turned off and would make it a little more versatile for when I do have a few too many beers and start slapping. On the third hand, nobody needs to hear me slapping.

Mmmm....

• Haha 2

I decided to go with the regular One10.

A simple process in the end, my favourite cab of all time was the Marshall VBC412 - no tweeter.

After that I had, roughly in this order Hartke / Mark Bass / back to hartke / Berg HD / Berg CN and every time I turned the tweeter off. 

The only downside to Alex's continued success is that lead times are now quoted at 4 to 10 weeks. I'll just have to use my Super Twin in the meantime!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

A simple process in the end, my favourite cab of all time was the Marshall VBC412 - no tweeter.

Mine too, sadly I never had the matching VBA amp head but did pair it with a Marshall DBS7400, sounded awesome. I look back to those days fondly but there’s no way I could shift a cab like that now.

39 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Mine too, sadly I never had the matching VBA amp head but did pair it with a Marshall DBS7400, sounded awesome. I look back to those days fondly but there’s no way I could shift a cab like that now.

Me neither. My multiple hernia repairs would pop like a puffer fish in a microwave!

110 lb iirc. Easy enough on the wheels, right up until the point steps get in the way. Of lifting it in or out of the car...

• 2 months later...

Any experiences in using one10t together with two10? I have a two10 and it kind of seems like adding one10t would create pretty much the ultimate modular rig with everything from 1 to 3 drivers. And the power handling stacking the two would mean it should basically handle 99,99% of the gigs most of us have. I'm very intriqued by this and seriously thinking to invest in this + a microtubes 500 or reidmar 502.

27 minutes ago, supertzar said:

Any experiences in using one10t together with two10? I have a two10 and it kind of seems like adding one10t would create pretty much the ultimate modular rig with everything from 1 to 3 drivers. And the power handling stacking the two would mean it should basically handle 99,99% of the gigs most of us have. I'm very intriqued by this and seriously thinking to invest in this + a microtubes 500 or reidmar 502.

That does seem like a great idea.

But get the 900 Microtubes. On the various Darkglass groups on facebook the reliability of the 500 models seems to be a lot worse than the 900 versions.

4 hours ago, supertzar said:

Any experiences in using one10t together with two10? I have a two10 and it kind of seems like adding one10t would create pretty much the ultimate modular rig with everything from 1 to 3 drivers.

I used a Two10 and One10 together for a couple of gigs. Very nice sound from a small modular rig. In the end I went with my Super Compact and sold the Two10. I kept the One10 and use 2 of them at home for a great practice rig.

• Like 3