Why become a member? ×

Barefaced One10T

BillyBass

Alex had to lower the main driver and put the tweeter in the top right hand corner.  The logo then had to moved to the left (and I don't think the usual bass logo would fit) and the arc of black steel above the grill had to go to.  It had to be done this way.

1 hour ago, BillyBass said:

Alex had to lower the main driver and put the tweeter in the top right hand corner.  The logo then had to moved to the left (and I don't think the usual bass logo would fit) and the arc of black steel above the grill had to go to.  It had to be done this way.

Makes sense, but I would’ve still preferred a smaller version of the old logo.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, chris_b said:

Here we go again.

If these cabs sound as good as they almost certainly will, then who gives at rats derrière about the logo!!

Not knocking the cab or how it will perform. Just commenting on the aesthetics and a preference for a logo.

EDIT-  ..........and just to make it clear, there are few bigger BF fanboys than me 😉

Edited by Deedee

5 hours ago, bassist_lewis said:

I'm not hugely fussed about having a tweeter but I am wondering if it will pair with the original One10. Been considering a One10 stack for years!

Don't see why not.  Same size, same impedance, same main driver with the addition of a tweeter in one cab.  A bit like a super compact and a Big Baby 2, but with the 10" drivers.

Edited by BillyBass

1 hour ago, Kev said:

Logo looks great with the Silver Cloth :)

Do Barefaced do these with the same finish as the 12" cabs, as opposed to the tolex?

1 hour ago, Merton said:

If you ask I think so :)

Yes, on the product page go down to ‘Customisation’ and then select ‘Coloured Tolex’ you’ll find the option for the painted finish.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 08:17, bassist_lewis said:

I'm not hugely fussed about having a tweeter but I am wondering if it will pair with the original One10. Been considering a One10 stack for years!

Read the product page:

Existing Barefaced owners - here's some ways this can pair up:

It's a perfect match for a One10 to make a two cab stack - and if you want your older One10 to match visually then we can sell you a 'script logo' grill on its own. If you have a Two10S and an amp that runs down to 2.7 ohm you can make a 3x10CR vertical stack. If you have a Four10, Six10 or Eight10 then a One10T is best used separately - but is a great way to get your big rig tone in less LOUD scenarios. If you have a Big Baby 2 or Big Twin 2 then a One10T is a great lower volume full-range alternative - the inherent fatness does good things when Fletcher-Munson isn't being so kind to your tone...

• Like 2

I loved the One10 but found it too dark. The One10T looks like it would be right up my street, although after making @stevie’s amazing 1x12” + compression driver cab, I’m kind of invested in seeing what @stevie comes up with next that has a 10” driver...

Also £550 for a 1x10 + tweeter is pretty expensive...but then 1x12” cabs have always been a bit more viable in terms of bang for the buck...

EDIT: just checked the original One10 new price, £419. I can definitely see a well designed crossover and the tweeter adding both cost and value, but it still seems like a lot for a One10T. I’ll wait until someone inevitably sells theirs, lol

Edited by funkle