Why become a member? ×

Thomann Jerry

Happy Jack

Well, my MM-5 SB turned up today and very pleased with it.  Very flat neck, low action - totally ready to plug in and play.  Think I might have to change strings soon, but apart from that, love it.

I ordered on the 3rd, the first sign of the goods being picked and "on the way" was on 9th, and then arrived today (14th).

I agree it is a bit of a first world problem that I moaned about a  7-working day delivery from Germany at Christmas time, but it is their own fault for being so much quicker in the past!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Everything seems ok, but the operator on the phone wasn't able to give me a shipping date, because ... UPS refuses to work with them since a few days and DHL did exactly the same after UPS left !?!

Couriers holding business to ransom maybe.

During the summer there was a massive number of complaints from Thomann's US customers.      Their government restricted European air traffic. DHL had a backlog , they actually suspended service for a short time. Goods were in US customs limbo for months. 

UPS came to the rescue. That rescue had a price, 70% to 100% increase 😱

Caused no end of problems and the number of damaged delivery refunds went through the roof.

Perhaps Thomann refused to pay until UPS  settled to compensation claims.

4 hours ago, TheLowDown said:

The website has some disadvantages though. It's frequently glitchy, often doesn't load at all, and the huge pop up granny asking if I want cookies is quite annoying.

Are you browsing on your phone ? Try running a "pop up blocker". 

My current order took a few more days than normal to process (all items were in stock) and was dispatched by DHL from Germany to Belgium. 

Package is currently en route.....I guess we'll see. 

Most couriers are overwhelmed at present probably from multiple factors (Covid, Xmas, Brexshit hamstering etc). Hey ho!

5 hours ago, TheLowDown said:

The website has some disadvantages though. It's frequently glitchy, often doesn't load at all, and the huge pop up granny asking if I want cookies is quite annoying.

5 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

cookie-monster.jpg

That's why I love BC. You always learn something new. I always thought the cookie monster was male, now I find out "he" is actually a "her", a granny and working for Thomann. Guess the pension (s)he is receiving from the Sesame Street show is not enough and that's why (s)he has to work for a music retailer. Sad world 😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Everything seems ok, but the operator on the phone wasn't able to give me a shipping date, because ... UPS refuses to work with them since a few days and DHL did exactly the same after UPS left !?!

I don't know if it is relevant to what you are saying, but it was UPS who delivered my order to my house at the UK end (yesterday).

12 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Technically, I think that may make her the cookie monstress.

Absolutely not.  Monsters are gender non-specific these days.  You are conforming to old fashioned, institutionalised monstereotypes.

🤨

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, FDC484950 said:

Mine is on its way to the UK so they clearly are picking up from Thomann...

Again as I'm waiting a delivery by DHL that is taking a lot of time and another sent yesterday through UPS... Maybe UPS and Thomann found an agreement ?

I've ordered a 3/4 electric, for the youngest child from there. It was due to be delivered by DHL, the tracking showed it as leaving the shipper on Friday, to one hub in Germany on Saturday, then on to another hub today and it's now showing as being returned to the sender...

23 hours ago, FDC484950 said:

Mine is on its way to the UK so they clearly are picking up from Thomann...

I had a parcel delivered from them at the end of last week.

There was a delay from ordering which then causes a screw up on my paypal account, so I had to place the order again, and the deliver was here in 2 days. They did suggest it was being delayed a day on the UPS app, but actually turned up on the original date.

I have to say the customer service team at Thomann did a great job of pushing it through quickly after my screw up on paypal.

Well mine is due for delivery tomorrow. 1st world problems etc and I shouldn’t moan but it took them as long to get it collected as it spent in transit from Germany to the UK. I guess this is the penalty of being a large warehouse retailer, Christmas, COVID and Br***t all coming together. fingers crossed it’s undamaged as goodness’ knows what returns will be like :)

Edit: it arrived a day early and was boxed with packing material inside another Thomann box. Excellent!

Edited by FDC484950