Why become a member? ×

Guild glory.

Maude

Kind of beefy in a twangy kind of way.  Hope that helps.

Not really Fendery but still old school somehow - more J than P but without the burpiness.  Hard to describe.  

This guy uses one a lot and captures the tone, with a little more processing than I use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Paul S said:

Kind of beefy in a twangy kind of way.  Hope that helps.

Not really Fendery but still old school somehow - more J than P but without the burpiness.  Hard to describe.  

This guy uses one a lot and captures the tone, with a little more processing than I use.

Troy does love a Guild and as much as I love the sound, that one on eBay looks manky. Although you can adjust the string spacing quite easily, I’m not sure that E string can come over much further and it needs to.

My old bass has been sitting around home for the last 15 years... I finally decided that I really won't be using it :(

It was working when last used many years ago - but is sold as seen as I have no cables/amp to test.

I will benefit form a good clean and probably a service.

It's not immaculate condition but would be a good bass for someone (that can play!)

Pick up only as it has no case.

Wouldn't we all mate!
:D
  • Haha 4

Hmm, ended at £420 but reserve not met. I don't know what the seller was hoping for but I didn't realise these were so highly valued (or not, given the bids) but they seem to go up for sale edging towards a grand. 

13 hours ago, Maude said:

but they seem to go up for sale edging towards a grand. 

They are old so obviously have THE TOOOOOONE FOR DAAAAAYYYSSS thing going on. It's funny, there is not much kit around which has made me radically change my mind about it since the 1st time round. If it was lame back in the day it most certainly has not changed in the intervening 30 years. I am not refering specifically to this model of bass. 

For absolute clarity, I am just discussing "old=better".

Edited by owen

2 hours ago, Maude said:

Hmm, ended at £420 but reserve not met. I don't know what the seller was hoping for but I didn't realise these were so highly valued (or not, given the bids) but they seem to go up for sale edging towards a grand. 

Well, I bid on it, but stopped at my limit.

13 hours ago, Maude said:

I bought one recently - a 1980 in great original nick - paid just shy of £900 and drove from SE Essex to Matlock and back to collect it.  I would say it was worth a premium price because it was a rare lightweight one but, regardless of that, I would say it was worth every single penny.  Beautifully made and, indeed, TOOOOOONE FOR DAAAAAYYYSSS :)  For my requirements - going to use it for my blues/rock trio - I reckon it is the best bass I have ever bought.  If you consider that some folks would pay nearly double that for a Precision of the same vintage then I'd say it is a bargain.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Paul S said:

I bought one recently - a 1980 in great original nick - paid just shy of £900 and drove from SE Essex to Matlock and back to collect it.  I would say it was worth a premium price because it was a rare lightweight one but, regardless of that, I would say it was worth every single penny.  Beautifully made and, indeed, TOOOOOONE FOR DAAAAAYYYSSS :)  For my requirements - going to use it for my blues/rock trio - I reckon it is the best bass I have ever bought.  If you consider that some folks would pay nearly double that for a Precision of the same vintage then I'd say it is a bargain.

Also, it will have been better made than a Precision of the same vintage.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Maude said:

I paid £50.00 for mine s/h from a shop I think, but that was in the late 80's/early 90's, they were so untrendy at the time they were cheap, but they weren't really an expensive new bass anyway. Nice to see them carrying some value now I guess.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul S said:

It's not that I don't think they're worth good money, I just wasn't aware of them to be honest, they've never popped up on my radar somehow. 

I really like the look of it but was hoping it was going to be more of a quirky bargain. Just lack of knowledge on my part. 

🙂👍

• Like 1