Why become a member? ×

Fodera Monarch Standard 4
£2750
UK

Volume

I'm reluctantly putting my beloved Fodera Monarch up for sale. This stunning bass comes with a Fodera hardcase, case candy, and all relevant paperwork.

The bass has been very well looked-after, is in fantastic condition, plays and sounds lovely - with a huge variety of tones on offer - and... I've fallen in love with it so much that I'm commissioning another Fodera to my own spec (with perhaps another string or two)  - hence the reluctant sale of this beauty. 

Specs

• Medium-Weight Ash Body (8.9 lbs) 
  • 3-pc Hard Rock Maple Neck/Pau Ferro fingerboard
  • 5A Flame Maple Top
  •  Fodera/Duncan Dual Coil Pickups
  •  Fodera/Pope 3-Band Standard Preamp
  • 34-Inch Scale, 24 Large Frets, 19.0mm Spacing
  • Nut width: 39.3mm (1.55 inches). 
  • Gold Fodera 19.0mm Standard Bridge 

From Fodera;

“Hand-selected, medium-weight ash bodies with 5A flame maple tops matched with our incredibly stable, 3-pc quarter-sawn hard rock maple necks with Pau Ferro fingerboards, delivers deep, tight lows, transparent mids and just enough top-end to make for an incredibly balanced sonic palette. It also offers a 24-fret PLEK’d compound-radius fingerboard providing the effortless playability.

Fodera/Duncan dual-coil pickups and the Fodera/Pope Standard Preamp with 3-band EQ. Designed in collaboration with Seymour Duncan, our passive Dual Coil pickups were designed to provide a punchy and focused tone with a natural and smooth upper midrange. Wired in parallel, these pickups offer a noise-free single coil sound with added body and weight yet come with the added flexibility of full single-coil operation providing the snap, warmth, and mid-range punch of classic single-coil Jazz Bass pickups. Designed for optimal performance, our 3-band Fodera/Pope preamp offers an incredibly low noise flow, a very musical sounding EQ, and active/passive operation for the utmost reliability and flexibility whether you’re on stage or in the studio. Together, these electronics let you tailor your tone, from deep and round to bright and punchy and everything in between."

I'm currently located in Bristol, UK - but am shortly headed to Nottingham. I'd prefer an in-person meet, but may also be open to a potential purchaser organising shipping at their own expense/risk. 

Fodera.jpg

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Edited by Volume
further details added to advert
  • Like 3

@hiram.k.hackenbacker - I've included a pic from some of the original sales paperwork with some details which may help. I'm not certain of the age - but am checking with Fodera at the moment - I'll let you know when they get back to me.

I'm not the original owner - I was lucky to buy it from bigthumb - who I believe bought it from scots_flyer1 - and before him, I think Embra had it - so it's 'been in the Basschat family' for some time!

image2.jpeg

Edited by Volume
more info added
  • Thanks 1

Okay - having had a flurry of offers and questions regarding the possibility of trades... 

I’d potentially be interested in either a Jazz/Mustang with some age/mojo/relicing/roadworn-ness

and/or - pedals-wise - I’m specifically after a filter, and a bitcrusher - but would also potentially be interested in synth pedals, and pedals from Earthquaker, Dwarfcraft, Iron Ether, Death by Audio, Pigtronix, Bananana, Old Blood Noise. 

Edited by Volume

Shipping (at buyer's risk) is now also an option - I can have the bass securely packaged, and shipped out this coming week for those interested. 

I may also be able to accept payment across 2/3 instalments - if interested, please DM me to discuss 

Edited by Volume

On 12/12/2020 at 19:04, Volume said:

Okay - having had a flurry of offers and questions regarding the possibility of trades... 

I’d potentially be interested in either a Jazz/Mustang with some age/mojo/relicing/roadworn-ness

and/or - pedals-wise - I’m specifically after a filter, and a bitcrusher - but would also potentially be interested in synth pedals, and pedals from Earthquaker, Dwarfcraft, Iron Ether, Death by Audio, Pigtronix, Bananana, Old Blood Noise. 

Nash jb + cash?

• ped locked this topic