Why become a member? ×

New here

MS93

Hi guys, the names Mike. I have an epi thunderbird and an ashdown c210 300w combi amp, also a fender acoustic bass which gets most of my attention these days. Sweet rig, but sadly will be being sold soon for the space :( how is everyone doing tonight??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MS93 said:

Your name rings a bell and you are from Manchester. You didn't used to frequent Satan's by any chance did you??

Satan's Hollow?

Yep - played there twice as When Animals Attack - early 2000's I think!

:D

Are you from Manchester?

Edited by Teebs
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teebs said:

Satan's Hollow?

Are you from Manchester?

Ahaha not the Teebs I thought you may have been as I was there in the 2010's. Yes I am, have not been there in a good while though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Teebs said:

Satan's Hollow?

Are you from Manchester?

Although I would imagine most of the Manc's on here will have stumbled in and out of Satan's at least once in there time ;)

2 minutes ago, MS93 said:

I think it is still there but as I say at least 6 years since I crossed its doorway. Much more pop punky when I stopped going though

It was a weird place to play a gig, with it being a circular stage in the middle of the room.

We played facing outwards with the crowd (!) all around.

Still, it meant I could pretend that the guitarists were pretty!

Edited by Teebs

2 minutes ago, Teebs said:

It was a weird place to play a gig, with it being a circular stage in the middle of the room.

We played facing outwards with the crowd (!) all around.

Still, it meant I could pretend that the guitarists were pretty!

Ahaha I imagine, must admit I never saw a gig there. Only went for cheap booze and better music than 5th ave round the corner haha :) that's one way to look at it, always got to find the silver lining ;)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MS93 said:

Ahaha I imagine, must admit I never saw a gig there. Only went for cheap booze and better music than 5th ave round the corner haha :) that's one way to look at it, always got to find the silver lining ;)

It was cheap, and defo better than 5th Ave or 42nd Street.

:)

Don't know if you remember (Jilly's) Rockworld on Oxford Road - that was cheap and ace and they did an all nighter on Saturdays if I remember correctly.

3 rooms - Indie, alternative & classic rock.

Was fab!

punk.gif

5 minutes ago, Teebs said:

It was cheap, and defo better than 5th Ave or 42nd Street.

:)

Don't know if you remember (Jilly's) Rockworld on Oxford Road - that was cheap and ace and they did an all nighter on Saturdays if I remember correctly.

3 rooms - Indie, alternative & classic rock.

Was fab!

punk.gif

Only went to Jilly's once, sadly it closed before I was of age. But one night in 2008 (i think), after a Papa Roach gig at Manchester Academy, my brothers friend looked very much like me and I managed to blag my way in using his drivers licence. Must admit I don't remember much of the night as I drank heavily and was introduced to yager bombs that night, but I remember the place in name at least. Haha :)

Edited by MS93