Why become a member? ×

The 10 Best Bassists in the World 2020

Billy Apple

If I'd been on the poll list I'd have won, as I can accurately reproduce (*) not only all of Stanley Clarke's solos in the amazing "Schooldays", but I can do it while supping a pint of Jennings SneckLifter and scoffing a Tunnock's Teacake.

* on my record player

• Haha 1

5 for me too. 

4 hours ago, binky_bass said:

Look, let's just settle this now. Everyone knows that I'm the best bassist in the world, I mean I can play Smoke On The Water AND Seven Nation Army. My skills are limitless. 😋

But can you play both at same time. That's the sign of a great bassist, the ability to play numerous basslines simultaneously or even at the same time.  😂

I was once voted Best Bassist in my house. I was quite chuffed with that. I even presented myself with a nice hot coffee and choccie biscuit to celebrate. It was a close call tho as my wife voted for someone else 😂

Dave 🎅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

If I'd been on the poll list I'd have won, as I can accurately reproduce (*) not only all of Stanley Clarke's solos in the amazing "Schooldays", but I can do it while supping a pint of Jennings SneckLifter and scoffing a Tunnock's Teacake.

* on my record player

WOW you got my vote. I'm inpressed. 😂

Dave

9 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

5 for me too. 

But can you play both at same time. That's the sign of a great bassist, the ability to play numerous basslines simultaneously or even at the same time.  😂

I was once voted Best Bassist in my house. I was quite chuffed with that. I even presented myself with a nice hot coffee and choccie biscuit to celebrate. It was a close call tho as my wife voted for someone else 😂

Dave 🎅

Both at the same time? What are you some kind of wizardman? Surely only those who embrace the dark forces could perform such majesty! 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

Both at the same time? What are you some kind of wizardman? Surely only those who embrace the dark forces could perform such majesty! 

I thought perhaps you were Darth binky_bass. 

I am a follower of such forces and have listened many many times to the great Demons and Wizards. I have reached those dizzy heights of being able to play 2 notes simultaneously and am studying to achieve full bass chords. Only then will i be able to enter the Kingdom of Madness and Carry on with my Wayward Son.

Dave😂

• Haha 1

On 09/12/2020 at 12:36, dmccombe7 said:

5 for me too. 

Dave 🎅

The Milkman?

• Haha 1