Why become a member? ×

Hey! :)

DeadPixels

Just dropping in to say hi 👋 

Noob bass player (started learning about 6 months ago), after having little else to do during lockdown gave me the kick up the backside I needed to pick it up 😂

Mostly been learning through playing rocksmith (but if it works, it works, right? 🤷‍♂️)

Already developed a bit of an addiction, with my original purchase, Yamaha RBX170 I still love now, Shine SB 35, dirt cheap 5 string 😂 and the most recent one, Marcus Miller Sire M2 that I love to bits! 

20200917_125819.thumb.jpg.33ad073bcfcf5782a244d0608ed1ee12.jpg

Already learned things about care and setting them up (just not the truss rod, still makes me nervous 😆)

Looks like plenty more to read through and learn here while meeting more of you bass peeps! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jonunders said:

Welcome. A good teacher can spot faults which you may develop if you self teach or watch videos. Enjoy the ride and start or join a band. I found it helped me improve my confidence and you get a real buzz playing live

yep, was looking at the tutoring section earlier actually, may look into some online teaching sometime soon for now if i can squeeze a bit more overtime out of work 😂

played for about 80 people online yesterday (kinda counts 😄) that was a blast!