Why become a member? ×

cuvave cube baby

visog

• 2 weeks later...

I got one from Aliexpress for slightly more than SFA ($35), got here in about a week from China, arrived today.

I thought it was for guitar so I was going to give it to my brother. But it's for bass and ultra cute so 🙂

Still haven't done anything more than watch the pretty lights and scratch my head looking at the instructions...

Edited by Stub Mandrel

• 2 years later...

Reviving this thread, I got one recently and they pack a lot for the price and size. Being able to load your own IR cabs make a lot of difference.

They come with:

- Bass amp: Only one but works very well

- Compression: Surprisingly good sounding one (Not like the Valeton)

- Chorus: No comments as I don't use it

- Phaser: No Comments

- Delay: No Comments

- Reverb: Room reverb, use it very sporadically but works well.

- IRs: This is where this unit shines, each IR can make the same preset sound different.

- Presets: It comes with 3 switchable presets which can be edited or overwritten.

- Phone or Tablet recording: You can connect it to your phone or tablet for recording ideas or play through zoom.

- Audio Interface: This can be used on your DAW as a recording interface

- Bluetooth: It can connect with your phone to bluetooth playback for practicing and playalong.

- Batteries: It comes with a Lithium Battery that lasts around 6 hours per charge.

What not to like about this for just £35.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Following up on this, just played a fair (Party in the park kind of thing) and I used my M-Vave pedal straight to a DI and to the Mixer. It sounded huge with the IR's. I used a personal IR and the sound guy couldn't believe how good that little toy sounded. 

Got a friend who has the guitar version and now that's all he uses for small solo gigs. He uses a mixer, a Beat Buddy and a looping pedal. 

Everything fits in his gig bag and he couldn't be happier.

• 1 month later...