Why become a member? ×

Warwick Thumb 'JD' 1985 4 string bass - removed from sale on basschat
£1650
Brighton East Sussex

Simonsbass

Steel frets is an interesting one, I was fairly sure they always used the bell bronze, certainly an old Streamer I had predates this and had them.  Different for the very first Thumbs maybe?

Beauty of a bass, an amazing example.  Great price too considering what it is.

59 minutes ago, Kev said:

Steel frets is an interesting one, I was fairly sure they always used the bell bronze, certainly an old Streamer I had predates this and had them.  Different for the very first Thumbs maybe?

Beauty of a bass, an amazing example.  Great price too considering what it is.

Warwick website say 1987 as the switch To bell brass- (I’m sure I’ve seen them earlier than that) but this early thumb was bought from a guy who had it from new and replaced like for like. 

here’s an 1984 streamer with what looks like steel frets ... I think you know the seller? 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

Warwick website say 1987 as the switch To bell brass- (I’m sure I’ve seen them earlier than that) but this early thumb was bought from a guy who had it from new and replaced like for like. 

here’s an 1984 streamer with what looks like steel frets ... I think you know the seller? 

Don't mind me, i'll just be sitting in my hole of embarrassment for the foreseeable...

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

it's been a while but I feel the need to say something so that Kev can move on a bit... 

it's a lovely bass.... here's one of my photos of it from a few years back. To my eye the colour of the wood is a wee bit more accurate than the photos on the mustard carpet :D

_DSF8558.thumb.JPG.90d7b102b632e875ef1b38b2e5f6016b.JPG

Edited by LukeFRC
  • Haha 1

• ped locked this topic