Why become a member? ×

!!! SOLD !!! SCHACK Unique 4 Bolt On Basic with the patented Covered Neck Fixing-System (CNF), £1249 GBP delivered (see ad) !!!
£1249
Etalle, South Belgium

Hellzero

Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

SCHACK Unique 4 Bolt On Basic with the patented Covered Neck Fixing-System (CNF).

NO TRADES !

NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £1249 GBP !!! New price is €4190 Euros or around £3750 GBP !

Shipping to United Kingdom is, of course, possible, but with an extra customs fee (VAT + other taxes + courier fee), because U.K. is now outside EEC.

In fully working condition with light use and very few marks.

Here are the specifications :

Body : 2 pieces of bubinga

Neck : one piece maple bolt on using unique patented Schack Covered Neck Fixing-System (CNF)

Fingerboard : thick ebony

Frets : 24

Headstock : 2 + 2 with ebony top

Pickups :  2 Basstec Jazz Bass like humbucking

Preamp : Schack BC-3P

Controls : volume, blend, bass, mids, treble plus highly switchable frequencies and Q-factor for each band (inside the cavity control)

Tuners : Gotoh (with the protective plastic still at the back)

Bridge : ETS/Schack

Strings spacing at bridge : 20 mm (adjustable)

Nut : synthetic with zero fret

Strings spacing at nut : 11 mm

Knobs : original aluminium

Scale : 34 inches

Hardware colour : black

Truss rod : one fully working

Finish : light gloss

Land of craftsmanship : Germany

Serial number : unknown

Year : unknown, but presumably 1999 (look at label at the back)

Weight : 4.615 kilos

Action : from 1.5 mm under the G string to 2 mm under the E string at 12th fret (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with a used Musik Produktiv RockBag gig bag.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally. It has been fitted with two new batteries and a (now used) set of Fodera Nickel strings (45 - 65 - 85 -105), but will come with a brand set of Fender 7250ML nickel-plated steel roundwound strings.

A quite heavy, but very responsive bass with tons of sound possibilities thanks to the very versatile Schack BC-3P preamp allowing you to really tailor the sound to your taste. The bass also features Schack unique no visible bolts patented CNF-System. These basses are quite rare second hand.

Link to the Schack models page : The Schack models - Unique, N-Finity, Carbon B2, Vintage & Stella (schack-guitars.com)

Link to the CNF system : A bolt-on that isn't - Covered Neck Fixing-Sytem by Schack Guitars (schack-guitars.com)

Link to the Schack BC-3P preamp : The famous Schack Electronic - Highend sound for your bass guitar (schack-guitars.com)

Link to the Schack prices  : The pricelist for the Schack bass and guitar models (schack-guitars.com)

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken at different angles and under different lights to see the real condition of this bass which shows little use and only very few slight marks or dings. The front of the bass has more pronounced gloss were the fingers were resting or slapping.

All the 36 photos are here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JX7hw0_22xivfK1XdETcgoGghImezV-e?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

Edited by Hellzero
Brexit
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

@Cuzzie Between 16th (22nd for some) and 31st December, all European couriers refuse to send goods to the U.K. simply because of the risk of an incoming VAT and customs fee as U.K. will be outside EEC on the 1st of January 2021. Add to this that the Brexit deal is not yet concluded with Europe !?! Don't want to go into politics, but someone looks like another stupid Trump.

Edited by Hellzero

Me either!

I’ve imported from US before, if it’s worth it, it’s worth it, even with duties(whatever they may be) it’s a Hellah deal on the new price for something in great condition.

Just don’t want someone to think it’s impossible to prevent a sale for you!

• Like 1

I owned 2 Schack basses once, INCLUDING an early 89 basic model, which was similar to this one but 5 string model :)

I prefer the older full parametric EQ which is no longer made, but these are great basses though! 

Honestly, I truly regret that I sold this old basic model. It really kills on live-acts. 

Here's the short sample of it what I made some time ago:

GLWTS! 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ped locked this topic