Why become a member? ×

!!! SOLD !!! WOOD & TRONICS Zoid 5, early model, naturally reliced, £1599 GBP delivered (see ad) !!!
£1599
Etalle, South Belgium

Hellzero

Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

WOOD & TRONICS Zoid 5 (to me their best design), naturally reliced : some pay huge amounts for this by 7ender, here it's free ! :D

NO TRADES !

NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £1599 GBP !!! A new one would cost you at least twice the asking price if you order it today with the same specifications and a few months to get it.

Shipping to United Kingdom is, of course, possible, but with an extra customs fee (VAT + other taxes + courier fee), because U.K. is now outside EEC.

In fully working condition, with some 13 years of use, but no abuse.

Here are the specifications :

Body : swamp ash wings with quilted maple top (and magnetic electronics lid)

Neck : 3 pieces flamed maple through neck

Fingerboard : rosewood with brass dots on the side and abalone on the fretboard

Frets : 24 mandolin frets in perfect condition

Headstock : 3 + 2 with matched quilted maple top

Pickups : Nordstrand DC 5 with switch (chrome) working for the both pickups together in parallel / single coil / series (so you have no strange sounds when blending them)

Preamp : Aguilar OBP-3

Controls : volume, balance, bass, mid with one switch (chrome) for the 400 / 800 Hz frequency, treble

Tuners : Hipshot Licensed

Bridge : original two parts Wood & Tronics (ETS)

Strings spacing at bridge : 19 mm

Nut : brass

Strings spacing at nut : 10 mm

Knobs : original metal

Scale : 34 inches

Hardware colour : gold except the switches and the output jack, which are chrome

Truss rod : one (real Fodera)

Finish : light gloss

Land of craftsmanship : Italy

Serial number : unknown

Year : 2007

Weight : 3.905 kilos

Action : from 1.5 mm under the G string to 2 mm under the B string at 12th fret (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with an unbranded hard case.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally. It has been fitted with a new battery and a (now used) set of Fodera Nickel strings (45 - 65 - 85 -105 - 135).

Early hollowed model à la Fodera, totally hand made (look at the lid), with that sweet and detailed sound typical from that period. Lots of wear and a few dings for this player, but don't be afraid, everything is working fine without any electronics scratches (except the usual Aguilar crack when switching the mids) and no hidden issues... The price asked reflects that condition.

Link to the old Wood & Tronics page : ZOID Custom Variations Wood & Tronics (wtbasses.net)

Here a video by Enrico PASINI himself to give you an idea of how a Zoid 5 can sound :

And another one, made by Arnaud MORIN aka @tournesol74 (33 inches scale, ebony fretboard and different pickups, but the "sound" of the Zoid 5 is there) :

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken at different angles to see the real condition, the wear and dents. Absolutely no real damage, only wear of time and playing !

All the 36 photos are here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_xP_ULUN5NmnkamMIseIWb2Gd53RhFDX?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

1749382361_WoodTronicsZoid5(1).thumb.jpg.53e3f111a0bb7a44d908858f1e3ca214.jpg

1545658204_WoodTronicsZoid5(2).thumb.jpg.8e7cc3a5a6930265c2c037ffd49099a8.jpg

994771280_WoodTronicsZoid5(3).thumb.jpg.93c84d53dae5f8c49bda7c3763eb9c7b.jpg

693340603_WoodTronicsZoid5(4).thumb.jpg.673983ef734d92cfd694dd5f66a828dc.jpg

764804533_WoodTronicsZoid5(17).thumb.jpg.3a2e29dc748b6984b015e12be1087cf3.jpg

2107536328_WoodTronicsZoid5(18).thumb.jpg.261ebadcd50602c477e845adcc2fe5a8.jpg

1031644070_WoodTronicsZoid5(19).thumb.jpg.6d0932073c1d9e41f9dd231229868123.jpg

405670413_WoodTronicsZoid5(20).thumb.jpg.a3449e43951302f5b6acd6b3ce51db18.jpg

179401187_WoodTronicsZoid5(33).thumb.jpg.fe7cb200731b133f49289124d7ddbccc.jpg

279398994_WoodTronicsZoid5(34).thumb.jpg.1be25d266487c05439580c6bf26b3c75.jpg

398841430_WoodTronicsZoid5(35).thumb.jpg.02f7a537a81702f0ccab1ceb4db608e0.jpg

490696132_WoodTronicsZoid5(36).thumb.jpg.f723542f4f3d78c8be4beda5a98a3022.jpg

Edited by Hellzero
Brexit
  • Like 9

Damn. I love the original Zoid shape, it’s 100 times better than the updated version and I’ve always wanted one. And this one is gorgeous. Unfortunately the timing (for me) is appalling. All I can say is best of luck with the sale!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok so where do I start....

I was lucky enough to own this bass - quite a few years back now. It was one of my early forays into the world of 5 strings strung E-C. It had been played when I had it but as Hellzero says, it's just playwear and the bass itself was (and I'm sure still is) fantastic.

I agree with everything said here, these original Zoids are a wonderful design and whilst I love what Enrico is doing now they are still my favourite. @Claude if you are reading this I would still love to get the VM Zoid back....!

This bass was resonant, lightweight and overall a joy to play. The quilt top was very 3D and much more striking in person. Perfect spacing, fabulous neck and whilst I moved it on in search of a 33 scale on reflect perhaps 34 was just as good if not better. I did find the nordstrand pickups lively but the whole thing was undoubtedly supersweet. It's great to see the bass again.

At one time there were quite a few W&Ts and Zoids flying around on the forum but that seemed to stop a while ago. They are wonderful instruments for sure, the comparison to Fodera is perhaps asking to be made but I'm not sure entirely fair - I think these are quite special in their own right but perhaps with some Fodera inspiration.

GLWTs matey. It's a great bass!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I also owned this bass for a short while! And if it was a 6 string I would still own it, but alas it has only 5 strings so was moved on after a while. 

It is a fantastic bass, excellent combination of pre-amp and pickups with fantastic action and a very comfortable neck and balance.

It is a shame W&T have opted to go for a rather odd 'futuristic' style with their basses now. This bass, and others of this era, are some of the best Enrico made.

• Thanks 1

Couldn't agree more

This are spectacular basses

I m having one made which should make is way to me next week

Love Enrico work and people always compered them to fodera but I have to say  they do have their own identity.

I would prefer this to a fodera but obviously this only my opinion 😉

If wasn't this time of tge year and all this covid, I would def purchase this

Glwys Tony

3 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Edited by fiatcoupe432
  • Thanks 1

I am surprised no one has complimented @tournesol74 for his superb rendition of ‘Very Early’ a favourite of mine since I heard the Allan Holdsworth album ‘None  too Soon’ featuring the incredible Gary Willis.  Bravo sir, exceptional playing. The bass is also very nice. 😬

Edited by MNY
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • ped locked this topic