Why become a member? ×

All Behringer Board

stewblack

Just as I thought I'd finished my all Bxxxxxxxr board, two more 10 quid specials arrive in the post. 

So looks like I'll be pulli g it apart again. 

The ABY isn't working properly anyway. I am running two separate paths, the idea being that the WAH pedal (and/or the filter) are on their own track which I can turn up on the level control of the ABY. 

This is to combat a palpable volume drop with the filter pedal engaged. Unless I'm missing something I thought the ABY would do this. However volume A increases both A and B, while volume B appears to do llareggub. 

I was using the EHX tri parallel mixer to solve the levels issue but it spoiled the brand purity of the idea. 

There is a clean boost on FB market for 25 sobs but I'm maxed out on my effects budget until next month. 

IMG_20201203_142457.thumb.jpg.9e5567d0eb373c4e62dc03886aed9f89.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

Nice to see it all coming together, Stew!

Weird about the filter- are you using it as band-pass or high-pass? Low-pass it the only one which won't pull the low end out for bass.

How did you get on with the expression pedal on the synth too?!

Aaaaaargh - completely forgot to put the expression pedal on the board 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

It's only a small volume drop, not much of a problem and fixed with a boost pedal. In fact the boost gives me more sound sculpting options with the filter. 

So a behringer expression pedal goes on the list! I will need a new bit of carpet at this rate 🤣

Edited by stewblack
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, paul_5 said:

The bsy600 is much better than the boss synth pedal

I had both the 3 and the 5 and both were garbage. The Behringer is excellent, so is the tuner and the chorus. 

The filter and wah pedals work just fine too. In fact it's all perfectly useable. The multi effect is a bit meh, and I need a distortion still. Otherwise I'm nearly good to go. 

2 minutes ago, skej21 said:

For £22 nee, it’s worth a try!

I do have vibrato on the multi effect which at present is putting a little upper octave in, I'll give it a try, it's the SF300 on the top of my hitlist right now.

Oh and I discovered there's a third wah pedal in the Behringer armoury!

I try not to moan if I can avoid it but the Super Fuzz (£21 brand new from a shop) can be purchased used, unboxed for £25, £30 and even £50 and £60. I get it, some people are out to make money out of the unwary and some of you will see it as the buyer's responsibility to shop around, but I can't bear it. Blatantly hoping to rip off some poor soul, I don't blame the victim.

Edited by stewblack
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After going on a proper in-depth pedal research hole in YouTube, I’ve come to the conclusion that if you either look after your stuff, or just don’t gig them, Behringer pedals are just as good as the ones they are copying. This vid was the final nail in the coffin for my Boss obsession: 

The plastic casing is supposedly ABS or something it another which is very hard wearing and hard to crack or snap, I've never had an issue with it. What I have had an issue with is ordering their chorus pedals only for them to not work, I've tried a few times a few years apart and never had one reliable which was annoying as I'm not much of a brand snob and would happily try more of their pedals. I think I was just unlucky though, twice, as I know plenty of people are happy with their Behringer pedals. 

1 hour ago, uk_lefty said:

The plastic casing is supposedly ABS or something it another which is very hard wearing and hard to crack or snap, I've never had an issue with it. What I have had an issue with is ordering their chorus pedals only for them to not work, I've tried a few times a few years apart and never had one reliable which was annoying as I'm not much of a brand snob and would happily try more of their pedals. I think I was just unlucky though, twice, as I know plenty of people are happy with their Behringer pedals. 

It's difficult when people queue up to bash a brand. How do you know how many of them actually used the gear versus how many just join in repeating received wisdom? 

As you say you may have been unlucky or Behringer pedals may indeed be unreliable. 

I know plenty of people use their PA gear without the slightest hesitation. I have an amp and cab from way back when which still sounds great. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, stewblack said:

It's difficult when people queue up to bash a brand. How do you know how many of them actually used the gear versus how many just join in repeating received wisdom? 

As you say you may have been unlucky or Behringer pedals may indeed be unreliable. 

I know plenty of people use their PA gear without the slightest hesitation. I have an amp and cab from way back when which still sounds great. 

Agree with you, I happily buy stuff of theirs like their USB mixer and mics and I know plenty that use their amps and PA gear with no complaints. 

• Like 1

Cool looking board - I do rather like either everything to be from one manufacturer or everything to be from totally different manufacturers, as both show a kind of commitment to.. something-or-other! :) 

I have the tube overdrive (TO800) for guitar and it's a great TubeScreamer substitute. Never bothered me that it's plastic when pressing the pedal, though I do feel like I'm about to break the little loops on the side every time I put a new battery in it.. it's just not actually happened yet and hopefully it won't! Admittedly it's not my favourite overdrive for guitar, but neither was the 'proper' TS808 which is why I sold that and kept the cheaper green box that did the same thing.

I was less pleased with their Sansamp clone, as the switch felt generally iffy (although I'll give it its due - it did work) and the knobs didn't seem to do very much to the sound. Wasn't terrible by any stretch, but wasn't worth keeping as I could tell I'd literally never take it out of the box again.

Come to think of it, there was another one I had years ago and gave to a bandmate on the off-chance that she could find a use for it that was eluding me. Think that was the blues overdrive (BO300) but it was nothing like a Blues Driver, which I assume is what it was going for.

The one I'm surprised that you've got on your board and aren't having issues with is actually the tuner. I have one of those that I bought to keep in my backup bag, but it just doesn't pick up bass notes well - especially a low B. In fact it hardly gives any kind of reading at all if you have vibrations from external stuff like drums on stage. It's alright-ish for guitar, but even then it's jumpy. I'm glad yours works, though!

On 05/12/2020 at 06:52, stewblack said:

😂😂

(You'd be surprised actually. Some of the discontinued ones are creeping up in price.) 

blimey, you might have to buy an original pedal, you know, designed and built by the one company.....

PS taking the PI55 , I have high end pedals and Behringer stuff too, 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paul_5 said:

Me too. All (bar one) of mine are home-made!

The one that isn’t is a Dave Hall, so I’m prepared to compromise there! 😄

Heh, I could stretch to a board with all homemade patch cables.. :) Actually my main board started out as a B&Q shelf, some rubber feet, kitchen drawer handles and a bike chain, so maybe I can salvage some DIY points there!

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable compromise - I would have liked to try a DHA rack preamp but sadly availability of cash and thingy never coincided.