Why become a member? ×

Bluetooth Page Turner

Adamparker

Morning all! 

I just wondered if anyone had any experience with Bluetooth page turners? I use an iPad for lyrics and chord sheets, usually using the Setlist app. I'm looking at an IK Multimedia iRig to sit on my pedalboard but wondered if anyone had any experience with these, or something similar, or has some clever other way of doing this, without spending £50 on something to free my hands up... 

https://www.andertons.co.uk/ik-multimedia-irig-blue-turn-bluetooth-page-turner-blueturn?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=surfaces&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtqL-BRC0ARIsAF4K3WEB1vC1WM9ksWnrY672M9xkCvuOD2a7D5ZpZSVgM2lR2GrayBF_aHQaAgO1EALw_wcB

Thanks in advance! 

I picked up an iRig Blue Board off here recently for less than that, so I can use my iPad for sheet music and it works perfectly. 

I'm using Piascore which has native controller support so provided your app supports it, it should work fine. 

There's a Donner one which is a bit cheaper - I've not used it  but presumably it works in the same way so should work. 

Edited by Jakester
  • Like 1

I use a Pageflip Dragonfly and my bandmate has a Pageflip Firefly.

PROS

The Firefly is thinner (fits the bass bag).

2 x AA (easy to find, cheap). Very low energy consumption. I have forgotten to turn it off and it still works. Just few pushes and the unit is up and running again (sleep mode kicks in after 30 minutes of idle).

The extra buttons of the Dragonfly do not interfere during playing.

Lightweight, and super light if you take the extra weight from the unit.

CONS

Tactile feedback is not so impressive: the switch feel is a bit spongey.

The unit does not stay too well in place if the floor is dirty (the feet do not hold and the low weight, original or modified).

Conclusion

I need it as much as I need my tab full of notes. I have a MobileSheets Pro and today it includes 5550 songs (true number is maybe around 3000, there are duplicate names in the list). To turn the page I just hit the unit with my toe and I can go forward or backwards with ease. A true HF. Try it, you'll love it.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/misc_controllers.html?price-first=0&filter=true&feature-52675=true

• Like 1

I do a lot of reading gigs, so I've been using the iRig Blue Turn for a couple of years, and it's been great. It's only got 2 buttons so it's dead simple to use, and it lasts a while before needing new batteries. It's also small enough to throw in my accessories bag without taking up much room.

Yes, it's £50 for a page turner, but I'd rather pay that than miss a page turn on a show. For me it's worth every penny.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you're looking for a low-budget but decent page turner, I may have found one...

Having looked for a simple and pedal board friendly page turner for ages, just before Christmas, I found this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CUVAVE-Cube-Turner-Wireless-Page-Turner-Pedal-Built-in-Battery-Supports-V3O6/363259189122?_trkparms=aid%3D1110009%26algo%3DSPLICE.COMPLISTINGS%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20200818142838%26meid%3De5f19b55577f4afea4dec81439c72b3d%26pid%3D101197%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dnone%26sd%3D392881605382%26itm%3D363259189122%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3Ddefault&_trksid=p2047675.c101197.m1850

Mine cost about £17.50, as there was some kind of "support independent traders" deal on at the time. It's an easy to use, basic, sturdy (metal construction)  Bluetooth device that works with Android and IOS devices. You charge it up via USB and away you go. You can also use it with a looper, if that's your thing.

I've used it on my iPad (running forScore) and my Android mobile (running SetList Helper) and it works really well on both. Sometimes it takes a couple of attempts to pair with the device, but as it's just a matter of turning it on and off again, it's not exactly an issue. I charged it for about an hour, and so far, I've had about four hours life out of it, with no signs of it running out yet.

I've just about managed to squeeze it on my tiny pedalboard, and so far I'm delighted with it.

Worth a look if you're after something basic, cheap, but sturdy.

20210105_192336.thumb.jpg.87be9988eac4de8729ed201266afb801.jpg

• Like 1

• 11 months later...