Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fully Carved Eberhard Meinel Double Bass 3/4 £1350
£1600
Flitwick, Bedfordshire

£1350 ono. Photos HERE

Unsure of exact age but it is older than 1990 as you can see from the label (Made in German Democratic Republic) and showing a few signs of 30+ years playing life.

Neck was repaired by Thwaites three years ago, they did a fantastic job and also fitted the Fishman Full Circle pickup at the same time as a set-up.

Strings are spiro E and A with a mixed gut core D and G - can't remember exact brands but perhaps a string silk aficionado will be able to shed some light on that. I think I have some other strings that I will throw in too, possibly the spiro D and G but I will need to double-check.

Comes with a decent padded soft case that is a bit worn in places but does the job.

Collection only from Flitwick, Bedfordshire. Test drives available on request. 

IMG_20201202_180541.jpg

Edited by rorysmith

Very much like mine, same label.

I bought mine from a good friend, and it was estimated to be 1960s, much like meself!

Beautiful tone and volume. Mine has 108cm vibrating string length so verging on 4/4. 

I love mine to this day, so I imagine someone will be very happy getting yours. Glwts!

• Like 2

• rorysmith changed the title to Fully Carved Eberhard Meinel Double Bass 3/4 £1350
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe the market is slow at the moment,  but I'm surprised this one is still around. I paid more for mine several years back at mates' rates, and there are a couple up for grabs on various sites (and in various countries) for far higher prices.  

A lesser-known name, perhaps? At this bargainful price I'd really recommend anyone who's in the market to arrange popping round for a try out!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • rorysmith changed the title to SOLD: Fully Carved Eberhard Meinel Double Bass 3/4 £1350
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic