Why become a member? ×

SOLD Spector NS2A (Kramer-era) - **UPGRADED**!
£800
Guildford/Woking

cetera

With an impending house move hopefully coming early in the New Year I, unfortunately, need to move a few bits on.

Here is a gorgeous and highly rated late 80's Korean made thru-neck Kramer Spector NS2A in the rare ‘teal (blue/green) stain colour.
I have majorly upgraded this bass, replacing the passive Spector pickups with a full active EMG set, the K-Haz preamp with a custom SNC US-Haz copy preamp (almost identical to the full US Hazlab), the black hardware with gold (heavy duty bridge, Schaller tuners and Schaller strap pins), US-style knobs and US-style crown fret marker decals.

The body and thru neck are maple with a rosewood fingerboard.

These original Kramer-Spector import basses (from many years before the Euro lines) have a fantastic reputation with this top of the range NS2A model often being rated as 90% the quality of the legendary full US NS2 models, with a thru-neck maple construction & similar neck profile, but for a fraction of the price - the main differences being the Spector branded passive pickups, a cheaper preamp, non-gold hardware, Rosewood rather than Pau Ferro board and 3A rather than 5A grade maple bodies! As I have said – I have gone some way to upgrading this instrument to more like the full-on US NS2 model. Being all maple (rather than a maple, walnut, alder sandwich), with an NS2 style neck profile and armed with a custom US-Haz copy pre this bass is a lot closer to the legendary US Kramer NS2 model than the more recent Euro LX models (which will cost you up to double my price)!

Many well known 80's/90's rock bassists (Kip Winger, Eddie Jackson, etc) actually used these, with the EMG pickup upgrade, on recordings and 'live'!

The SNC-Haz pre controls are vol (p), vol (j), bass (cut/boost) and treble (cut boost). The sound is typical spector - tight & growling - and sure to cut through any mix!

See top of this page for more info on these great basses:
https://2cw1d79cq4b2tsxk239w4ix1-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Archived_Korean.jpg

I would rate the condition as 8.5+/10 with some light surface scratches, a dew minor surface dings on the edges & nail-wear marks above the P & J pickups. Not bad for 30+ year old bass....and it plays beautifully with a nice low action and smooth, comfortable feel! Weight is only approx 3.8kgs.

Price-wise, I'm looking for a VERY reasonable*SOLD* by cash on collection, Paypal (you pay all fees) or direct a/c transfer. NO trades thanks. Pickup from Guildford area or I can meet within 30 miles for petrol money. I will also courier at buyers cost (approx. £50)

Please see my feedback thread (ignore the broken link in my signature below – please do a search instead!) for assurance of a clean and honest transaction.

20201127_134814.jpg

20201127_134822.jpg

20201127_134830.jpg

20201127_134849.jpg

20201127_134917.jpg

20201127_135556.jpg

Edited by Billy Apple
  • Like 11

Awesome looking Spector with solid maple wings! I also only heard great things about the SNC-Haz that gets you super close to the sound of the Haz 9V for a fraction of the price. I mentioned in another thread that I have maxed out my credit card for this month, so I am out out until the 14th. I am sure it will be gone by then but if not, then I may get tempted 😎

£800 is a ridiculously low price for such such a killer package. It is pretty much a NS-2 for less than what people charge for an used Euro!

GLWTS 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cetera said:

Thanks everyone!

I'd rather not lose it from my collection... but needs be... and at this price someone will be very happy!

Definately, I've been after one of these for a long time,as I'm sure you know 😁

Looking at my collection now 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cetera said:

Thanks everyone!

I'd rather not lose it from my collection... but needs be... and at this price someone will be very happy!

We can’t keep them all sir, and you are doing better than most of us mere mortals!

Edited by Damonjames
  • Like 1