Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Ibanez GWB35 - Upgraded with Bee Pre and Nordstrand Custom Pickup
£575
Buckingham

Mikey D

SOLD

'Unexpectedly' I'm selling my Ibanez GWB35...as I 'unexpectedly' bought a GWB1 on a whim! I don't need both and always wanted an OG Willis. So someone can have this beast.

There couple of nicks in the lacquer with a small one being on the headstock and others on the back as shown in photos. Otherwise no issues and in excellent working order.

Now the best bit, all the stock electronics have been upgraded for a custom Nordstrand Dual Coil with exposed pole pieces and the preamp was changed to a BeePre (from Bee Basses). I have owned 2 of these basses, one stock and this beast which has a much improved full warm or dynamic tone, a more musical usable range, considerably more output and extremely quiet, but all of this should go without saying with the quality of the upgrades.

The control cavity was enlarged and fully shielded with copper foil to fit the new pre and controls, but it still fits underneath the original cover plate.

• Controls were switched from a single volume and a stacked treble/bass to following:
    • Single volume (with push/pull for active/passive)
    • Mid boost/cut (with push/pull to change the frequency)
    • Stacked treble/bass boost/cut
    • Series/parallel switch
    • Mute switch

The pickup is a custom Nordstrand Dual Coil. A 5 string model wound with the pole pieces closer together that fit in their standard 4-string pickup cover for the Dual Coil as it is the same size as the stock pickup. This was not a cheap upgrade and took time for the custom model to be produced, but it has helped this bass turn into the beast that it is.

For more information on upgrades check out respective websites:
    Bee Pre-Amp
    https://www.beebasses.com/

Nordstrand
    https://nordstrandaudio.com/pages/custom-options

Videos

Video of bass being played

Another short video of bass being played

This bass is effortless to play and I will be gutted to see it go as for many years it was my sole bass.

gwb35 rear.JPG

gwb35 rear headstock.JPG

gwb35 headstock.JPG

gwb35 controls.JPG

gwb35 body.jpg

PXL_20201130_142310152.jpg

Edited by Mikey D
SOLD
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks both. The pre really is excellent and pairs really well with the Nordstrand. I play with a very very low action and this bass is so smooth. 

Tbh I got a saving on the GWB1 which is the only reason this needs to go and happy to make this a deal if anyone wants it. Appreciate its not immaculate condition as it's been played but images represent it fairly and as always don't affect the sound. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic