Why become a member? ×

Beside my high gain distortion bass setup, which does have a somewhat fuzz-esque quality, consisting of a Joyo Orange Juice, which is an analog emulation of an Orange amp like overdrive, stacked into a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone mixed in parallel via my Boss LS-2 with a Mosky Black Rat, which is a Rat clone, in the Turbo Rat mode, stacked into a Joyo Orange Juice, and this, even if I realize that it might sound unnecessarily complicated and some might think why not replace it with 1 or 2 proper quality pedals, works absolutely spot on perfect for my high distortion tone, my "real" fuzz tone in my bass pedal effects setup is handled by a Behringer SF300 Super Fuzz, which is a pretty accurate Boss FZ-2 clone, which again was a take on the Univox Super Fuzz octave fuzz, and while this also actually works great I feel that there, unlike my high gain distortion setup, still would be room for improvements.

But damn, just watched a demo of the Orange Fur Coat octave fuzz, with control over the switchable octave up, and man does it sound absolutely monster massively incredible sublime for bass.

Might have to put a few bucks aside on my quite tight budget to get one of these to replace my Behringer Super Fuzz.

So massively thick, with a monster crushing crunchy rasp to it, and with the capability to get quite spluttery too, while still retaining fairly good low end and overall definition.

Here's a demo of it:

The Behringer Super Fuzz is a great bass fuzz pedal, and not just for the money, but the Orange Fur Coat in my opinion still manage to beat it by miles.

Might be the absolute best fuzz for bass I ever heard, judging from the above YouTube demo at least, and I am quite certain this would deliver the absolute spot on perfect fuzz tone for my bass pedal effects setup.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1

Nice, had one since the beginning of the year, great pedal, deffo needs to be in a clean blend to really cut through on bass.

A lot different to the standard muffs out there, really sings. Although since getting a Hx Stomp I may part with mine 🙄