Why become a member? ×

SOLD WAL MK I 1992 Wenge
£5950
Germany

nap

Bit weird that this is "impossible to ship". And why would you take the neck off for "safety reasons".

I've shipped countless basses and they were never "oversized", they just got the reference XL ..that's all.

You put it in a box well wrapped and if someone agrees to pay the shipping costs, what's the problem ?

• Like 1

Same here @wombatboter. Using TNT Express (24 hours delivery within Europe, not EEC, but Europe) will cost around 80 to 90 Euros fully insured and trackable. The shipping itself is around 50 Euros and the insurance is 5% of the value. At any price tag, I always include the shipping fee to Europe in my sales... This helps a LOT !

• Like 1

guys...

shipping an item at this pricetag from germany to the US now requiers customs paper work that i have to admit - i dont understand anymore and cannot provide. 

i mainly ship with DHL from germany and if the parcel is longer than 120cm (which it will be) its called "sperrgut" - which when shipped outside germany is very expensive. 

if anyone knows better alternatives to DHL i will greatly appreciate.  

Edited by nap

Just to chime in on the shipping, I would imagine there could potentially be some CITES issues  with a Wal. Wenge, Mahogany and Rosewood are all listed varieties I believe.

Brexit may also result in complications if the bass comes to the UK from Germany after 31st Dec.

Phil 

2 hours ago, nap said:

guys...

shipping an item at this pricetag from germany to the US now requiers customs paper work that i have to admit - i dont understand anymore and cannot provide. 

i mainly ship with DHL from germany and if the parcel is longer than 120cm (which it will be) its called "sperrgut" - which when shipped outside germany is very expensive. 

I never paid more as 50 Eur sending a Bass (as a sperrgut) with German DHL to any EU country.

I don't consider that a lot...

Edited by johnny1982
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nap said:

4 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Using TNT Express (24 hours delivery within Europe, not EEC, but Europe) will cost around 80 to 90 Euros fully insured and trackable. The shipping itself is around 50 Euros and the insurance is 5% of the value. At any price tag, I always include the shipping fee to Europe in my sales... This helps a LOT !

Don't think you read this... ∆∆∆

• ped locked this topic