Why become a member? ×

Sold BigZed Manic Space digital reverb with delay combo pedal now at bargain price reduced to £45
£70
NN7 4PA

Skinner

Now sold. Price reduction £45.00 including p&p. Manic Space reverb with additional delay made by BigZed here in the UK. Very recently purchased directly from the maker so in as new condition, overview letter will be included in the sale. Lots of control over both effects: 0 to 2.5ms of reverb and 0 to 600ms of delay. Very usable on bass, selling to make room on pedalboard. Price includes UK insured postage.

IMG_20201130_135159888.jpg

IMG_20201130_135301424_MP.jpg

IMG_20201130_135348821.jpg

IMG_20201130_135310108.jpg

IMG_20201130_135654523.jpg

IMG_20201130_135218407.jpg

Edited by Skinner
Sold

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how playable or listenable these will be? Varying degrees of 'Manic Space pedal applied from quite a bit to a lot of effect with me noodling about. First one quite subtle delay and 'verb.

Manic Space 4.wav

Untitled_5.wav

Untitled_6.wav

Edited by Skinner
File change

It's more complex than that isn't it? Sound doesn't travel that quickly, I don't think BigZed would mis-quote on his own release sheet, also like everything else depends on how it's measured etc. Am I missing something? A short delay such as slapback is 35 to 60 ms (roughly) so a reverb is going to be considrebly shorter. 

Here's some excerpts copied from various online contributors:

A digital reverb can be used to produce far more realistic simulations than springs or plates, with total user control over the pre delay time, the decay, the colour of the reverberations, and the diffusion. In fact, with digital technology, real rooms can be modelled using convolving reverbs that work with impulse responses that are generated by recording staccato broad band signals and the corresponding reflections, which can then be used to model the effects of the same room on other signals. The other and opposite advantage of digital reverb is its ability to create rooms that could not exist in real life. Rooms with virtually no pre delay or with infinitely long decay times can be generated with digital reverbs

The predelay determines how far the sound source is from the walls of the room. This has the subjective effect of creating depth, and long predelays of fifty to sixty five milliseconds are often used to wash vocals and make them fit better in a mix. Sound travels at one thousand feet per second through air, so a fifty millisecond predelay gives the effect of placing a sound source fifty feet away from the opposite wall of a room. This sounds pretty huge, but it is not unusual for concerts to take place in large concert halls or auditoriums that are considerably larger than fifty feet in length.

32 minutes ago, Skinner said:

A short delay such as slapback is 35 to 60 ms (roughly) so a reverb is going to be considrebly shorter.

Ah, perhaps the reverb control is the time between repeats, and the feedback is the number of repeats- no mix though?

There doesn't appear to be a website, and I can't (ah, I just spotted that your clips might be downloadable now!) 😄.

Nevertheless, it's an awesome looking pedal, and I'll have a listen to the clips.

Hopefully my nerding has bumped the thread up the forum a few times, anyway! GLWTS 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic