Why become a member? ×

New amp/cabs

Lozz196

Only had a chance to try at home volumes but so far I’d say yes. I got one cab on Sat and when I plugged it all in and hit the strings on my Jazz I got a soppy grin on my face which says to me the ABM sound was in the house.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexa3020 said:

I can see you've got the valve drive cranked too. Nice!

Yes, I find if using a preamp pedal then I keep the amp as clean as possible, but if bass to amp then valve drive on full, thickens up nicely and adds in some great harmonics to the sound.

5 hours ago, Cat Burrito said:

What are you up to band wise these days since leaving Knock Off @Lozz196?

I’m playing 70s/80s Classic Rock, Led Zep, Rainbow, Deep Purple, Bon Jovi, Whitesnake etc. Not a gigging band (haven’t even got a singer) we just rehearse once a fortnight and have a laugh. It’s great and has made me a better bassist as some of that material, well they had to have been on drugs to write complicated bass lines like that!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Merton said:

I keep coming back to look at this, it's a lovely tidy rig, really looks the business. Can't wait for you to be able to crank it @Lozz196 because I'm sure it'll bring a grin to your face :)

Yeah I’m itching to put it through its paces, roll on the vaccine!

• Like 1

What did it was the introduction of the new ABM PRO NEO cabs - once they came out I knew I could have an ABM set up that I was capable of carrying. From then on it was a matter of willpower on his long I could resist - I think I managed 4 months so quite pleased with myself for that 🤣

Glad you’re enjoying the 600, I agree, def best amp I’ve ever had.

3 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

I would  love an ABM600 if it was a little narrower. I suspect they were designed with 19" rack mounting in mind,  but something 350mm ish wise would suit today's smaller cabs.

Please Mr Ashdown,

Agreed. The current PCB design would need a complete overhaul apparently - perhaps we should crowd-fund them :)

3 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

I would  love an ABM600 if it was a little narrower. I suspect they were designed with 19" rack mounting in mind,  but something 350mm ish wise would suit today's smaller cabs.

Please Mr Ashdown,

I've talked to Mark about this before, and as @Merton says, the PCB would need completely redesigned.
I wish they could make more of a "lunchbox" style design, like the Orange Terror Bass, albeit a fair bit deeper, but I don't think it will happen, as they don't have any bother selling the amps as they are.

Eude

14 minutes ago, acidbass said:

Nothing beats Ashdown IMO - great amps, well made and fantastic customer service.  Lovely rig!

Absolutely! A pal of mine, with an old Superfly head needed spares and didn't know about their legendary customer service, I set him straight and after a very pleasant chat with Dave Green, everything he needs is on it's way in the post!

This is the kind of stuff that keeps people brand loyal, if you know you can rely on a manufacturer to have your back, plus the fact they make brilliant gear, why would you look elsewhere?

Eude

• Like 2