Why become a member? Ɨ

Peter Hook Interview/Gear Guide/Signature Bass

madshadows

2 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Watched this - nice to see the place I got my first proper bass (when it was sound control) being the setting.

Funily enough, a red bb...

that hooky sig bass looks great.

Sound Control is also the place I bought my first ever bass, a Warwick Corvette Std. I still have it (just out of nostalgia) butĀ the neck and truss rod are toasted.

I mentioned it in the Yamaha BB mega-thread as well: I think it sounds great (judging from the videos I have watched so far) but I am not sure alder is the right choice for a translucent finish. It will need quite some shopping around to find a nice looking one. The one below shows the three pieces and how they don't match up nicely. I know, I know,Ā  I am a bit picky when it comes to these thingsĀ šŸ˜Ž

201118364031025f.thumb.jpg.a6adc96547c431f88ce769616fb42a85.jpgĀ 

I've only got about 10 mins left to watch of the 'interview'. I like Peter Hook, could listen to him talk for ages. That said I don't like Joy Division, New Order, his style of playing is a bit meh for me as is the signature bass...still thoroughly enjoyed the video though šŸ˜

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

Hooky is so engaging and affable that it didn't seem like 1 and a half hours.

I didn't realise it was that long, for the reasons you state.Ā 

As much as I love Hooky, JD and early NO I couldn't help but think, come on Hooky, you know more than Love Will Tear Us Apart, 24 Hours and Age of Consent.Ā 

Still enjoyed it though šŸ™‚.Ā 

Some more info about the BBPH. The finish is called "fired red". Really like the sound but still don't like the look of it (you can see what I meant at e.g. 1:13). Such a shame. I had been looking forward to its release for ages and then I just don't like it. Aarrggh. Not my week, lost out on a stunning looking Stingray and then the "fired red" finish downer. Anyway, it is what it is. I am sure they will sell them all.Ā 

Ā 

@Eldon Tyrell

Thats a brilliant video. Love Dave - heā€™s such a nice bloke. I still have a Yamaha book he gave me in about 2009/10.

He does a great hooky impression, probably better than hooky himself šŸ˜‚

anyhow, that video hasnā€™t helped. Iā€™m drinking wine...and my credit report came in today and itā€™s up...again. Maybe time to be irrational.

40 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Some more info about the BBPH. The finish is called "fired red". Really like the sound but still don't like the look of it (you can see what I meant at e.g. 1:13). Such a shame. I had been looking forward to its release for ages and then I just don't like it. Aarrggh. Not my week, lost out on a stunning looking Stingray and then the "fired red" finish downer. Anyway, it is what it is. I am sure they will sell them all.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Aidan63 said:

has anyone pulled him up about the misremembered mythical BB600 on facebook ?

Yeah I went round his house and quizzed him about that.Ā 

Turns out we don't get along as much as I thought we would.Ā 

Ā 

• Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...

Ā 
https://www.facebook.com/rocksmith.usa/photos/a.157471777643840/2784893564901635

"I'd never been taught what a bass guitar was supposed to do. So I wanted the bass guitar to do what I wanted it to do -- not what everybody else said it had to do." - Peter Hook (Bassist & co-founder ofĀ Joy Division)

Ā 

Edited by Killed_by_Death
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 04/12/2020 at 17:36, Eldon Tyrell said:

Ā 

Looks like I should have bought one. Could have made a nice little profitĀ šŸ¤Ŗ

480705225_PeterHoolEbay.thumb.jpg.f0fa69be08c517ec7d409f1a9d3b3171.jpg