Why become a member? ×

Cover bands. Oh, woe.

NancyJohnson

And this my friends, is why I will never play in a cover band.  If you suffer from Photosensitive Epilepsy, you might want to just look away and enjoy the music.

*I've removed the link.  If you've swung by expecting a horror show, you're too late.

Edited by NancyJohnson
  • Like 1

Of course there's no question there are plenty of better bands out there, but these guys are at least making music rather than sitting on their ars*es doing f-all and have managed to pull together a multi-track recording during lockdown. Which is more than a lot of us have managed - including my two bands!

So if you happen to be reading this Cabana Room - good for you! Keep making music! 😎👍

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Al Krow said:

Of course there's no question there are plenty of better bands out there, but these guys are at least making music rather than sitting on their ars*es doing f-all and have managed to pull together a multi-track recording during lockdown. Which is more than a lot of us have managed - including my two bands!

So if you happen to be reading this Cabana Room - good for you! Keep making music! 😎👍

Agree the music was OK, and better to do something than nothing. Still reeling from the video though!

That was hardly the train wreck the previous comments had me expecting.

Sure it wasn't great, but I've heard worse ... hell, I've played worse.

And as @hiram.k.hackenbacker points out it's probably intended for private viewing within the band, a work in progress that's not yet finished. I have LOADS of Unlisted videos on my channel for that very purpose, and some of those would cause considerable mirth if they were to be shared here on Basschat.

1 minute ago, Happy Jack said:

And as @hiram.k.hackenbacker points out it's probably intended for private viewing within the band, a work in progress that's not yet finished. I have LOADS of Unlisted videos on my channel for that very purpose, and some of those would cause considerable mirth if they were to be shared here on Basschat.

Think about the CHILDREN!!!

striste.gif.a82c2a8b81d17cb8f6b0f85703860d21.gif

Just now, Happy Jack said:

Yes, me too @Happy Jack. There are probably more unlisted ones on my channel than anything else. I used to find it handy uploading and sending the link rather than emailing large files. If everyone one was happy, all I had to do was change the privacy.

I didn't enjoy it much but it is a hard song to get right, I think.  The vocal is tricky and you have to get the tempo bang on otherwise it drags.  It is one my lot do and unfortunately the guitarist uploaded a rather wooly rehearsal of it onto out facebook.  Redeemed by some rather tasty guitar playing, which I guess is why he did it :) 

I'm gently weeping. Brings back memories of some of the bad BV that I sang. In my last band, the guys would tell the sound man to only put my vocals through the monitors and not the FOH. One night, about a year later, the sound guy forgot and it was filmed. Never sang since. Good on them, at least they tried. 

Is this kind of cancel-culture comment policing really going to be the future of the internet? I hope not. Half-hearted "at least they tried" back-handed critique seems to be the only response acceptable to some and it's a discussion and forum killer. We've all been crap in the past, we'll all be crap in the future and some of us are being crap right now. That's life. Grown-ups are allowed have opinions and, for now, are allowed express them. They won't all be good and that's a part of life. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

Is this kind of cancel-culture comment policing really going to be the future of the internet? I hope not. Half-hearted "at least they tried" back-handed critique seems to be the only response acceptable to some and it's a discussion and forum killer. We've all been crap in the past, we'll all be crap in the future and some of us are being crap right now. That's life. Grown-ups are allowed have opinions and, for now, are allowed express them. They won't all be good and that's a part of life. 

Nobody's saying otherwise are they? I see people offering their opinions on a topic, some like the post and some don't.

Labelling the responses as cancel culture is a bit dramatic.

• Like 3