Why become a member? ×

Roland GR20 sensitivity issue

Sambrook

I've been playing a Godin A5 very happily through the GR20, with no problems. 

I've just fitted a GK3B pickup to my Ibanez Aerium, and that is working fine, too. 

The problem is switching between the 2 basses. Both have very different sensitivity, and I have to 'retune' the sensitivity each time I swap. Is there any kind of memory option to store a preset sensitivity, or is that a stupid question? 

Thanks in advance. 

Cheers, Sean 

Its a good question, and many of their other models (the GR55 for instance) have a set of different sensitivites stored for different guitars. Unfortunately the GR20 only has settings for one guitar, I assume that is because this is their budget model, so no you can't do it on that one.

Sorry, not really that helpful.

On 01/12/2020 at 09:38, Woodinblack said:

Its a good question, and many of their other models (the GR55 for instance) have a set of different sensitivites stored for different guitars. Unfortunately the GR20 only has settings for one guitar, I assume that is because this is their budget model, so no you can't do it on that one.

Sorry, not really that helpful.

Your comment spurred me on to really fine tune the Aerium's sensitivity, now I've got it as near as dammit. 

Thanks very much, saved me from upgrading (for now!) 

Well, apart from writing it down on a piece of paper, it does appear in the GR20s midi map that the parameter can be requested by system request (but strangely not provided in bulk dump). So if you are good with midi, you can set up a computer to request the sensitivity and send a new set for different guitars. But I suspect the piece of paper is probably an easier approach!