Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM 600 SOLD
£450
Hexham

walshy

Around 6 months old. Gigged loud once, rest of the time home studio only so quiet. Price includes U.K. postage and it’s the amp only, cab not included.

No Trades ta

Edited by walshy
  • Like 3

If this amp has one problem, it's that it does not have an ' instant sound good button' .  Having said that, if you invest a little time and thought into it, and start to understand the eq and how it it interacts with all the other effects buttons at your fingertips, you will end up with an amp that you will never need to replace. I have had mine for four years, and the more I use it..(and understand it,) the more I realise how good it is.  There are so many amps out there that will cost you much more and offer what appear to be mind blowing promises, but at the end of the day, all you really need is a bit of audio muscle power.. These amps are the Land Rover of the bass amp world, offering nothing frilly or unnecessary, but loads of what you really want as a bass player...power and control.    Also, the after sales is second to none if you need help or advice.      Good luck with the sale Walshy...you must have something good lined up as a replacement...

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, jonnythenotes said:

If this amp has one problem, it's that it does not have an ' instant sound good button' .  Having said that, if you invest a little time and thought into it, and start to understand the eq and how it it interacts with all the other effects buttons at your fingertips, you will end up with an amp that you will never need to replace. I have had mine for four years, and the more I use it..(and understand it,) the more I realise how good it is.  There are so many amps out there that will cost you much more and offer what appear to be mind blowing promises, but at the end of the day, all you really need is a bit of audio muscle power.. These amps are the Land Rover of the bass amp world, offering nothing frilly or unnecessary, but loads of what you really want as a bass player...power and control.    Also, the after sales is second to none if you need help or advice.      Good luck with the sale Walshy...you must have something good lined up as a replacement...

I have the CTM300 mate so only use this in the house. Saying that I’m happy to keep it as back up. Absolutely love the sound I get from it, just deserves more gigs but don’t we all. 

The Land Rover of bass amps, absolutely spot on with that

Cheers Walshy...   Just swinging my Evo on top of my cab at a gig feels good...  I have tried a few of the tiny fag packet amps that vibrate off your cab when you crank 'em up a bit, but they never feel substantial enough for the job at hand.   The only other amp that has been comparable to my Evo was a Peavey T Max 500 I had years ago.       Big amps...Big sound....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, does this have both a headphone and aux jack socket, hard to see from the photos?

I'm keen to upgrade from my Class D Quilter BB800, which I'll keep as back-up, but looking for something I can also use for quiet headphone practice at home when the wee man is in bed.

I'm currently using a PJB Big Head headphone amp, but I'm finding it distorts at any decent level, so I'm looking for an all in one solution I can use for home practice and gigging.

Cheers.

16 minutes ago, lou24d53 said:

Just a thought, but could the speaker jack connection possibly double up as a headphone jack?

It is in essence sending the same signal out, is it not?

And if so, would the sound be compromised?

Or am I clutching at straws?! 🤔😂

Yep that works. I used to use mine like that. Not perfect but passable 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• MB1 locked this topic