Why become a member? ×

Dual momentary footswitch

fleabag

On 10/12/2020 at 08:45, Matt P said:

what actually happens when you press the footswitch? does it switch then switch back when you release the button or does nothing happen? 

I am just going on my experience with a marshall (guitar) amp then needed a latching switch, when a non latching switch was used it would switch to the second channel as long as the button was pressed, switching back as soon as the button was released.

if it's not doing this then more investigation is needed. exact wiring of the switch or an issue with one of either switch/cable/amp.

Matt

Didnt get a notification for your post, Matt, so a bit late.

The Mosky i bought did nothing at all, literally.  Its now a good chance that my TE needs latching, and not momentary

Edited by fleabag

Don’t know if this will help but I found a pedal on Amazon that works great. The only problem is the left button does the graphic and the right button does the pre-shape. But considering the size of the unit I was able to mount upside down to make pre-shape the left button. But as far as function it works great.9747A12C-64CA-4BBE-9AD6-3E32FFA192E0.thumb.png.de0df0863179bb8a22671caa24bf4756.png

On 15/01/2021 at 17:39, fleabag said:

Didnt get a notification for your post, Matt, so a bit late.

The Mosky i bought did nothing at all, literally.  Its now a good chance that my TE needs latching, and not momentary

@fleabagif the mosky had no effect at all then that would lead me to the conclusion that there is an issue somewhere else, either the wiring needs to be different in the switch or there is an issue in the amp itself. 

If it were mine i'd be getting my friendly amp tech to  take a look. they should be able to modify the footswitch as well if required.

Matt

10 hours ago, FUPAbass said:

Don’t know if this will help but I found a pedal on Amazon that works great. The only problem is the left button does the graphic and the right button does the pre-shape. But considering the size of the unit I was able to mount upside down to make pre-shape the left button. But as far as function it works great.9747A12C-64CA-4BBE-9AD6-3E32FFA192E0.thumb.png.de0df0863179bb8a22671caa24bf4756.png

I think the best thing is not to buy anymore footswitches just in case there's something amiss in the amp.

Cant do anything right now, obviously.  I think an original TE  graphic/pre-shape switch would be handy, and one that is known to be working. That way i can then definately tell if its the amp or not

6 hours ago, Matt P said:

@fleabagif the mosky had no effect at all then that would lead me to the conclusion that there is an issue somewhere else, either the wiring needs to be different in the switch or there is an issue in the amp itself. 

If it were mine i'd be getting my friendly amp tech to  take a look. they should be able to modify the footswitch as well if required.

Matt

Yup maybe that's the prob, the amp.  If i had a working TE original footswitch, as noted above, i could find out more.  Cant see a tech right now

Just now, fleabag said:

Yup maybe that's the prob, the amp.  If i had a working TE original footswitch, as noted above, i could find out more.  Cant see a tech right now

do you have a multimeter? might be worth checking the cable and the operation of the footswitch just in case one of them is dud.

If you can find someone with an original footswitch and a multimeter then you can compare the operation and that might help narrow down where the issue is. With a 2 button switch and a stereo/TRS cable usually one of the poles (sleeve) is the common and then pressing the switches connects the common to another pole of the cable, as there are 3 poles on the cable then the common could be any of them and the amp could be wired differently to make you buy the manufacturers footswitch (or modify a standard one to make it work)

Matt